Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Fluffy tiger, those are AWESOME! I love what you did with the polkadots and contrasts! I want some! And welcome to the Lounge!

Kamikat, love Hawaiian prints. They're my new summertime fetish as well... need to go get me some ;) Dress is adorable!

And Lady Day, I absolutely love what you've done with the contrast of that dress. Very cute!

fluffy-tiger

New in Town
I should have pointed out that I also made the dress form myself out of duct tape. I found the instructions on line, my partner spent ages wrapping me up like a mummy it was funny, but a total godsend for fitting, I just could't afford an expensive shop one. I would recommend it though it is time consuming, make sure you measure it against yourself as you stuff it as my first attempt was too big. Some people cover theirs with cloth so they can stick pins in it.

bodyform.jpg

Miss Crisplock

A-List Customer
:eusa_clap Lady Day you are amazing.

I also bought fabric this weekend.

Lady Day: Fabulous Dress :eusa_clap

Miss Crisplock: Managed to fold fabric. [huh]

This woman is a rapid sewing machine!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Fluffy Tiger - I think you could do a roaring trade selling those bras to the ladies on here, especially those of us with 'awkward' sizes (30C one side 30D the other right here!!). What Katie Did bras are £27.50 and lots of us can't get our size from there so there is a gap in the market to be filled. Seriously, you should think about it doll xxx

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
Fluffy Tiger - I think you could do a roaring trade selling those bras to the ladies on here, especially those of us with 'awkward' sizes (30C one side 30D the other right here!!). What Katie Did bras are £27.50 and lots of us can't get our size from there so there is a gap in the market to be filled. Seriously, you should think about it doll xxx

I agree, I can't get a bra like that anywhere for love or money in my size.

fluffy-tiger

New in Town

If my sewing skills were ten times better, I had more time and wouldn't get myself sued by Lutterloh that would be a nice idea. I understand the pain of trying to get good underwear though, What Katie did has stopped producing bras in my size which is a pain, i'd only managed to get one, which seems a pity as there are many busty girls out there who wear vintage. However this has given me the confidence to try and make my own pattern so who knows.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
GoldwynGirl, I have that pattern but haven't made it because I was concerned about the high neckline. Your version is so lovely, now I know I have to make it!
OT: did you change your hair color or is it just the light? Either way, it's beautiful.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Once again I've been away from this thread too long to pick everyone out individually but collectively brava ladies! Such beautiful things!

I made a duct tape dummy Fluffy Tiger and it lasted for years--they're great.

Goldwyn Girl, is that fabric vintage? It's spectacular!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Thank you every one for your lovely comments. It's not a vintage fabric but I think It looks like one which is why I bought it. Kamikat, yes my hair is light red at the moment, much paler than it appears in this picture, the Vegas sun makes it glow lol It was an easy pattern to put together and the high neck and low back are a great combination.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy