Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
oooh...your 1 hour dress looks very differently made then mine.....

this makes me wonder if there was more then one.....i didn't think so...but there is just no way that the instructions i have would look like -that-...

we need to compare instructions!

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
Lauren said:
Those hats are great!

After years of wanting to I finally made the 1 Hour Dress! The dress itself would have taken about an hour, but then I got creative with a stained runner and added a collar, pockets, and a matching apron lol Took all in all about 2.5 or 3 hours.

This dress is amazing, and I just adore the fabric!
What is this one hour dress you speak of?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks! It's a pamphlet published in the 20s that tells you how to cut and make a dress in an hour and has pictures of ideas of how to embellish it. Mine's a reprint and there's a gal who sells them on ebay. It's just called 1 hour dress.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Lauren said:
Thanks! It's a pamphlet published in the 20s that tells you how to cut and make a dress in an hour and has pictures of ideas of how to embellish it. Mine's a reprint and there's a gal who sells them on ebay. It's just called 1 hour dress.

There are quite a few on ebay at any time...my seller sent me bonus pdf files of a cookie booklet and something else too...hehe

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Unbelievably CUTE! What a brilliant suit! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Lauren said:
I finished my bikini that's been waiting for a month or two! The pattern is from a German pattern from 1935, and the plaid fabric is original 30s. She's got more up top than me, so it doesn't actually gape when it's on me.
bikini1.jpg

bikini2.jpg

bikini3.jpg

Lorena B

Practically Family
Yay!! just finished today my luau dress.
Here are the results.
The only pic i made of the full dress is this one but it was made before i fixed the bottom hem.
Please, do excuse the silly faces of the second pic, is just.. i cant stay still for too long, ha,ha,ha
DSC00907.jpg

DSC00908.jpg

DSC00913.jpg

Brooksie

One Too Many
Medvssa said:
I finished my first dress! :D I have sewn other stuff before (skirts mostly) but never a dress. I've learnt a lot.

IMG_3919.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

IMG_3931.jpg

I made it with this pattern (pic).

With a blend of wool and linen, I love this fabric.

I posted a lot more pictures and text in my journal, here.

Wow M! This is brilliant for your first dress!!!

Brooksie

Brooksie

One Too Many
Lorena B said:
Yay!! just finished today my luau dress.
Here are the results.
The only pic i made of the full dress is this one but it was made before i fixed the bottom hem.
Please, do excuse the silly faces of the second pic, is just.. i cant stay still for too long, ha,ha,ha
DSC00907.jpg

I NEED this dress for my Tiki themed B-day party coming up in a few weeks!!!

Brooksie

Brooksie

One Too Many
Dead Pan Diva your hats are exquisite.

Amy Jean your bolero and dress are darling.

Lauren - you are so wonderfully talented. Love the 30's bikini and that dress is so cute.

Everyone's things are so beautiful it makes me want to run out and take some sewing lessons.

Brooksie

Lorena B

Practically Family
Thanks gals.

Yes, is the infamous simplycity 4559 and the fabric, is from a lot of fabrics that i got from my trip to China ( fabrics are ridiculously cheap)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
This one is inspired by our own lovely and talented Amy Jeanne. I love her use of wild fabrics! I'm calling this one a wearable muslin because there wasn't enough fabric on the bolt to make the cumerbund. It also needs a little more tweaking here and there. The pattern is a 12, so the grade up was rather difficult.
3598770700_1576558528.jpg

3597961281_b4df233db5.jpg

3598771926_92d704c7f6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana