Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
sixsexsix said:
A few things over the past few months
5720_98216042764_509252764_2200731_1488324_n.jpg

Precious creations, Sixsexsix!
And I love that you are knock-kneed.....just like me. :)

Lots of cute stuff on here ladies!!

Lau Mo

Familiar Face
Wow I havn't checked in here in a while...but there is alot of great work going on!

Here is my first project that I would consider wearable, a yellow skirt. I didn't make it from a pattern, just kind of saw what I wanted in my head and figured out how to make it. I'm pretty proud of it, even though it isn't really vintage inspired.

(excuse my messy room, it's in the process of some major cleaning)

111.jpg

There is a secret though..the whole eyeballing method doesn't work perfectly, I didn't have quite enough fabric for a proper waistband, though I think the belt I put on with it looks good enough.

Eva Morsikova

Familiar Face
Sorry if there aren't any better pictures of the skirt (my guy likes collecting Russian firearms lol ) It's a 40s style, high-waisted dirndl skirt.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/Countessm/Mich/IMG_4697.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/Countessm/Mich/IMG_4694.jpg

Here are two dresses that I made. One was for my friend's wedding and one was a sundress I also made. I made the dire mistake if giving myself bangs on impulse. :eusa_doh:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/Countessm/Mich/IMG_4813.jpg The bride on the right of me, and me giving the "awesome, they're bringing the cake out" look XD

swingkitten85

Familiar Face
08_12_09f.jpg

08_12_09n.jpg

I've been trying to fill some gaps in my wardrobe lately (hence the black skirt) and some new techniques (the 50s style felt hat), so I've been sewing a lot. Last week I made a skirt from a 40s Hollywood pattern. I had to adjust it a bit as the shaped waistband (the element that caught my eye with this pattern!), wasn't a waistband at all buy a separate belt! So I redid it so it was an attached waistband. The fabric used was a pretty piece of cotton jacquard I bought earlier this summer. I love the texture!

08_12_09c.jpg

08_12_09d.jpg

Last Friday I put together a 50s shallow pillbox style hat based on one I spotted on Ebay recently. I'm not usually a hat girl, but I really loved this one! The front and sides were covered with felt flowers--a detail that I loved! I ended up following a tutorial I had seen on Threadbanger for the basic construction of the hat.

I wrote more about both projects on my blog. :)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Great gorgeous stuff! :eusa_clap

MissAmelina -- that blue dress by sixsexsix is from the exact same button pattern dress I lent you! lol That pattern gets around!!!

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
Awesome job! I only ever tried "eyeballing" once and it is much harder than I expected.

By the way, are those some Lemony Snicket books I see on your shelf? I just gave mine to my sister the other day.

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
swingkitten85 said:
08_12_09f.jpg

08_12_09n.jpg

I've been trying to fill some gaps in my wardrobe lately (hence the black skirt) and some new techniques (the 50s style felt hat), so I've been sewing a lot. Last week I made a skirt from a 40s Hollywood pattern. I had to adjust it a bit as the shaped waistband (the element that caught my eye with this pattern!), wasn't a waistband at all buy a separate belt! So I redid it so it was an attached waistband. The fabric used was a pretty piece of cotton jacquard I bought earlier this summer. I love the texture!

08_12_09c.jpg

08_12_09d.jpg

Last Friday I put together a 50s shallow pillbox style hat based on one I spotted on Ebay recently. I'm not usually a hat girl, but I really loved this one! The front and sides were covered with felt flowers--a detail that I loved! I ended up following a tutorial I had seen on Threadbanger for the basic construction of the hat.

I wrote more about both projects on my blog. :)

You look amazing. I love that hat! Great work! :eusa_clap

Lau Mo

Familiar Face
Miss Smith,

Good eye! They are the Lemony Snickey books :) Only the ninth book to the last book are there though...because the other ones my little sister took to read! lol

SwingKitten, I love that hat! I might have to make one myself.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Man, you gals are making some fantastic stuff.

I finished a rather Frankenstein type of dress today. The front is from a maternity pattern ( loved the pleats). I had to take in the sides and bust, but it worked out well. The back and back skirt are from two other patterns and the sleeves are from another. *whew*

Id say this is my most -conservative- dress, even for me. It feels so '30s.
The collar is detachable, and of white/creamish linen. The navy flower print is some rayon polly blend i got for $1 a yard. The blue buttons are vintage, of course :) Pardon my lumpiness, Im not wearing foundation garments under this dress.

side-2.jpg
back-3.jpg

detailfront.jpg

LD

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
LD, it may be conservative, but it's CUTE! I think the key to make sure it looks vintage not frumpy, polygamy ranch is how you accessorize it.

zendy

A-List Customer
LD and Swingkitten, I'm jealous as always! I really need to take more time to sew for myself before dreaded school starts again.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I have been making a ton of muslins, but no real garments lately. Here's my first finished garment in over a month.

3820078187_f772a085f1.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Miss Neecerie said:
Its way too short for polygamy ranch....both in the sleeves and skirt length.
lol You're right! My husband calls anything with a Peter Pan collar "polygamy ranch", even if it's tight and short!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR