Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

swingkitten85

Familiar Face
Lauren said:
I finished my Christmas dress yesterday. Yay! I have more pictures and the pattern I used on my blog.
christmasdress1s.jpg

Oh my gosh, Lauren: that is gorgeous!!!!

zombi

A-List Customer
swingkitten85 said:
A few things I've made lately...

The green dress is from one of the new designs in the Colette Patterns line (Ceylon dress). I love that it's got such a 40s silhouette and look! I'm planning on wearing this one Christmas Day! :) I wrote a post about it on my blog, if anyone is interested...
I LOVE that green dress. It looks so cute!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Everyone's stuff looks good! I took a break from sewing for a bit because I was getting tired of making lovely dresses on the outside, only to have them fray and look like dookie on the inside (because I was using pinking shears!) I felt like I was wasting money on fabric.

So I bought myself a serger this xmas. And I made this:

4231855466_78f431774e_o.jpg

From this:

20444_225340534163_624014163_3167794_3291430_n.jpg

SayCici

Practically Family
That looks great AJ! And you're so quick - when I have to make a copy of a pattern it delays everything else quite a lot.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Amy Jeanne said:
Everyone's stuff looks good! I took a break from sewing for a bit because I was getting tired of making lovely dresses on the outside, only to have them fray and look like dookie on the inside (because I was using pinking shears!) I felt like I was wasting money on fabric.

From this:

I refuse to say how wonderful that dress is until we see you IN IT and ALL DOLLED UP! :D

Miss Jess

Familiar Face
My wedding dress

AmyJeanne, I love that dress. I need to make myself a cute little 30s dress soon, I have so much calico/print fabric I need to use up! My stash is getting ridiculous.

I made my wedding dress and hat for our 40s inspired wedding this past September. I was still finishing the giant sash the morning of the wedding (typical Jess move). My parents won that bet, they know my procrastination skills all too well. I used a cream silk faille for the dress, with red piping on the edges. The underblouse was made from a lovely large point d'esprit (also called aspirin dot apparently?). Please ignore my slip slip-up in the first photo, oops!

7232_132909792261_744522261_2365211_4690896_n.jpg

Here's a closeup of my hat. I used pleated and unpleated horsehair crin, russian veiling and a bit of buckram for the foundation - I pretty much just winged it!. I used a vintage brooch to finish it off:

hat.jpg

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
Miss Jess said:
AmyJeanne, I love that dress. I need to make myself a cute little 30s dress soon, I have so much calico/print fabric I need to use up! My stash is getting ridiculous.

I made my wedding dress and hat for our 40s inspired wedding this past September. I was still finishing the giant sash the morning of the wedding (typical Jess move). My parents won that bet, they know my procrastination skills all too well. I used a cream silk faille for the dress, with red piping on the edges. The underblouse was made from a lovely large point d'esprit (also called aspirin dot apparently?). Please ignore my slip slip-up in the first photo, oops!

7232_132909792261_744522261_2365211_4690896_n.jpg

Here's a closeup of my hat. I used pleated and unpleated horsehair crin, russian veiling and a bit of buckram for the foundation - I pretty much just winged it!. I used a vintage brooch to finish it off:

hat.jpg

Oh, it's gorgeous! You're the Miss Jess from Craftster, aren't you? ;)

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Amy Jeanne said:

From this:

Wow, I love it even more than the sketch! Adorable!

And I also got a serger, a few years ago when I had money, but as I had no space it went to Theresa LaQuey's house where it lives and gets a lot of use. But when I need it it is there!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Wow! Everyone is making such lovely things! I really need to get back in the saddle now that the holidays are over.

Bettys Closet

New in Town
Oh that green dress...

Is to die for. love love love it. Buying pattern now....

This is one of my favorite outfits this year! lol. The skirt is a gray wool made from an early 40s pattern. The cashmere cardigan is one that I refashioned (it was way too big, and the sleeves were longer) to fit better.

12_18_09e.jpg

12_18_09c.jpg

The green dress is from one of the new designs in the Colette Patterns line (Ceylon dress). I love that it's got such a 40s silhouette and look! I'm planning on wearing this one Christmas Day! :) I wrote a post about it on my blog, if anyone is interested...[/QUOTE]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart