Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Very very cute bag, Swingingbee!
It must be bag season, I finished one too. Now I can go to bed.

side.jpg

Details in the usual places :)

LD

Miss_Becky

Familiar Face
I agree with everyone else! Beautiful dress LadyDay....love your work.

I'm getting close to finishing up the muslin on the wedding dress I'm working on. I used plastic cable ties for the boning. It's lightweight and flexable, but sturdy enough for light support.

S6300225.JPG

I also must admit that my iron is out of commission, I haven't used an iron once since I started the dress pattern :/ I can't wait until my refund comes in, that's the first thing I'll be getting!!!!

Eva Morsikova

Familiar Face
I can't wait to see how the wedding dress turns out. I also applaud your patience for making a muslin proof. While I'm trying to get more into the habit of doing them myself, I still have the "No proof! I want the outfit NOW!!" mentality lol

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
This isn't officially vintage, but the fabric has a vintage feel, I made it from two pillow cases, thought the fabric was too nice not to be shown off!

annas%20pics%20133.jpg

More pics on my blog bettydarling.blogspot.com :)

Looking forward to seeing the wedding dress Miss Becky!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Ladies, you are all so amazingly creative! :eusa_clap

BettyDarling,

Pillowcases? How, well, darling! I can see you starting a new trend amongst the UK cocktail scene...Pillowcase Skirts!

(PS Love the curlers! giggle!)

Inky

One Too Many
Amy Jeanne - love that fabric and your dress turned out great!!

Betty Darling
- what a great use for pillowcases! I love that waistband and LD is right - a cute present is what you look like!!

alright, i sewed last Thursday - I need to stop watching so much teevee and sew more ;)

This is a pair of denim trousers to replace the very faded ones I made last year from Simplicity 4044.

4044.jpg

This is the first pair with the curved waistband - I do like these very much and they are hands down my most comfortable and flattering trousers. I'm not crazy about the faced waistband, so I thought I'd try a pair with a regular waistband.

4379453708_5a39e4a3fb.jpg

Modifications:

1. folded down the pattern pieces to the natural waist indicated on the pattern.
  2. made a waistband to a finished width of 1.5 inches

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
Skidoo, Lady Day and Inky

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! :D

Amy Jeanne your dress is as always gorgeous, great fabric.

Inky I love that pattern, I've been humming and hawing over the two simplicity repro high waisted patterns, and I think you've pushed me in the right direction! They look great, I love the pic of the curved waisted ones too, you look gorgeous, they are lovely, such a lovely fit.

Right, thats it! I feel a trouser project coming on!!!

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
I love the bow on the skirt.
I have that repro pattern and I'm glad to hear you like it, so maybe now I'll actually make it.
Amy Jeanne, where do you wear all these crazy print dresses? I love them.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Thanks gals! All your stuff is cute, too! I hate singling people out -- I admire any gal who makes the effort to sew her own things from beginner to expert.

miss_smith said:
Amy Jeanne, where do you wear all these crazy print dresses? I love them.

lol
I wear them to work, mostly. I dress like this everyday. I wear them when I go out. The only time I don't wear my dresses is when I'm lounging around at home.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Everyone's been making such neat stuff!
I made this blouse from a nice flannel that I got from Joann's on clearance for the Air Raid on Saturday. I also made my husband's jeans he's wearing in this picture. They were drafted off of a pair of 30s collegiate pants he owns and made to look like a catalog picture we found.
dubarry5420.jpg

mattpants.jpg

The shirt was from this pattern. Dubarry 5420. The button on the shirt is vintage plastic (maybe bakelite? Not sure...)
dubarry5420s.jpg

SayCici

Practically Family
Lauren, you're always picture perfect! I like the hat you're wearing though I'm surprised in the second photo it isn't casting a big shadow over your face, hehe. I love your blouse and your husband's jeans with the red(!) belt.

swingkitten85

Familiar Face
Oh my golly, Lauren--I just love your outfit! :) Bravo again on the denim slacks you made for your husband. ;)

Amy Jeanne: I love that print you used on the dress--fantastic!!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran