Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Tattoos

JennyLou

Practically Family
SamMarlowPI said:
dr. house called out this generation on following the trend of getting the japanese/chinese characters just to be cool instead of something unique...

great scene...
I remember that scene. Great show.

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
DSC05823.jpg

DSC05824.jpg

Crumblecrumb

New in Town
The needle is addictive (and not in a weird, drug related way). I’ve stopped for a bit now, but every time I walk past my tattooist's I get the urge. I should try and make sure I’m permanently drunk, then I’d know for sure that he wouldn’t let me in.

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
Crumblecrumb said:
The needle is addictive (and not in a weird, drug related way). I’ve stopped for a bit now, but every time I walk past my tattooist's I get the urge. I should try and make sure I’m permanently drunk, then I’d know for sure that he wouldn’t let me in.

Baloney. The industry was built on drunks.

Crumblecrumb

New in Town
I wouldn’t recommend having a tattoo done drunk. Apparently it thins the blood causing you to bleed excessively. Sure, it won’t actually hurt any more, but you’ll ruin your jeans.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Crumblecrumb said:
I wouldn’t recommend having a tattoo done drunk. Apparently it thins the blood causing you to bleed excessively. Sure, it won’t actually hurt any more, but you’ll ruin your jeans.

Thats what my tattooist said to me .. when I lived in copenhagen, there was a summer were we used to get drunk at his shop and everytime I came home with sketches on me of stuff I wanted to get gone drunkenly.

Inky

One Too Many
Finally finally finally I made an appointment to finish my (or at least almost finish) right sleeve! The top part has been done for over a decade, but the bottom part unfinished for the last three years! It's on the 22nd of May, the day before my birthday - woohooo! (and no drunken tattoo artists or clients, lol, you'd pay for that FOREVER)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Coralee said:
Otherwise known as a phoenix?

Not -quite- the same no...Firebirds have none of the burning up and then being reborn from the ashes thing ;)

In Slavic folklore, the Firebird (Russian: жар-пти́ца, zhar-ptitsa, literally heat bird from птица bird Old Russian жар heat) is a magical glowing bird from a faraway land, which is both a blessing and bringer of doom to its captor.

The Firebird is invariably described as a large bird in majestic plumage that brightly glows in red, orange and yellow light, like a bonfire that is just past the turbulent flame. The feathers do not cease glowing if removed, and one feather can light a large room if not concealed. In later iconography, the form of Firebird is usually as of a smallish peacock of fire colors, complete with a crest on its head and tail feathers with glowing "eyes".

A typical role of the Firebird in fairy tales is an object of difficult quest. The quest is usually initiated by finding a lost tail feather of the Firebird, upon which the hero sets out to find and capture the live bird, sometimes on his own accord, but usually on the bidding of a father or king. The Firebird is a marvel, highly coveted, but the hero, initially charmed by the wonder of the feather, eventually blames it for his troubles.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Can't believe this thread got to 13 pages before I came across it. And here I am a resident tattoo artist. Shows how much I visit The Observation Bar.

Anyway, these tattoos are not on me, but they are my tattoo work on other people:

514983574_l.jpg

514943077_l.jpg

l_0222dcc71c61756e810dabf50ca20c2b.jpg

l_0594b88d689d0b79618f3eefcf3d5045.jpg

l_163060f37c5640e5a15f8688d54530b5.jpg

l_9c3ac7e6f68c47fe9729ba443d19ee7b.jpg

cynroux

Familiar Face
Stunning work, Mr. Crunk, absolutely stunning.
I'm also ply an inky trade here in the nation's Capitol.

Here's a bit of my work on others:
3458580938_22d6031a3f_o.jpg

3116776367_e0d2279c46_o.jpg

2886967196_650a518836.jpg

1208876758_8ee48e00fc.jpg

And a bit of my own collection (Photo courtesy of Atomic Cheesecake Studios):
2968640987_8542cf83cd.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR