Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Drury opinions, alternatives?

dartfrogger

New in Town
Just got my first fedora, a Stetson Temple, a few weeks ago and took it in to the local shop to get it stretched just a bit. While there, I saw a Stetson Drury, which I think I like even more. It has a shorter crown and narrower brim (around 4 inches and 2 inches), which may suit my face better. Does anybody have any experience with this hat, pro or con? Also, is there a similar style by other makers in the same ballpark (about $175) that is of higher quality? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but I need direction here. I'm new to all this. Thanks.

job

One Too Many
Try the Stetson Saxon at bencraft.com for $150.00. I think the place you were looking wants too much for their hats.

dartfrogger

New in Town
Thanks for your suggestions. I was able to try on a Saxon in a local shop. I like it, but the color options are problematic. Don't much like the dark blue, the brown I'm neutral on, and I like the black but it might be too formal a color. Since my only fedora is caribou (grayish), I was looking for something that would be an alternative. Don't know how versatile the black would be. (Couldn't find a Mercury.)
Thanks again.

job

One Too Many
Bencraft offers a few more colors of the saxon and their pictures are some of the best on the web I've found.

Dan Rodemsky

One of the Regulars
I got the Temple in caribou a few days ago. Paid the same. I don't mind paying a few $$ more if it keeps a local shop in business. It is my first real hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21