Super heavy pakistani biker jacket

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Guppy, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

Amazingly this arrived on my porch TODAY. I just pulled the trigger on it Friday afternoon!

Unfortunately, it does not weigh 10 lbs. According to my scale, it is 8.0 lbs. I'm very impressed with this thing nonetheless.

So far, the only thing I don't like about it is that the zipper pull is on the wrong side. Why they would put a left-handed zipper on this, I have no idea. Otherwise, it's just about perfect.

I'm going to have to look into seeing whether the zipper could be modified somehow.

For $75 + shipping, this is a hell of a bargain. The leather is fantastic.

I do not have time now, but will post pictures in 1-2 days.

2. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

What!? No pics???

8 lbs is still very heavy. You'd consider yourself lucky to find a Vanson weighing as much.

As for the zipper, the jacket was most probably made for the UK market. That'd explain it. Anyway, I don't think it's possible to change this without replacing the zipper but it's not that big of a deal at all. None for me. I've got cross zips with zippers on both sides and I'm not used to either.

Edward likes this.
  3. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

PICTURES

Monitor likes this.
  4. Guppy

I was home only long enough to unbox it today, but I promise to update with pictures as soon as possible.

5. Carlos840

Carlos840 Call Me a Cab

The UK has a tendency to put zippers on the left side, most Lewis jackets are that way.
    The UK also has a history of trade with Pakistan, a lot of leather goods are made in the UK by Pakistanis or made in Pakistan for the UK.
    I'm not saying that's why, but it would make sens that whoever made the jacket was trained/worked in the UK, or maybe a lot of the jackets sold by this company are for the UK market or something like that.

Also Pictures!

Edit: just noticed @Monitor had beat me to it...

Edward and Monitor like this.
  6. Guppy

It's bad enough they drive on the wrong side of the road...

7. Peacoat

Peacoat I'll Lock Up

The first leather jacket I got when I started back riding as an adult was an inexpensive Pakistani jacket. Have had high end leathers since then, but I still like that Pakistani jacket. I just weighed it, and it is 6.8 pounds without the liner. It was inexpensive to buy, but well made and about 1.4 mm thick. Fortunately the pull is on the right side.

Monitor likes this.
  8. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Yo @Guppy, fam, what gives?

ton312 likes this.
  9. Guppy

Inadequate lighting when I've been able to shoot, and now this Tapatalk outage. I hope to provide fit pics soon. Sorry for the delay!

Monitor likes this.