Tailor in Seattle

Discussion in 'Suits' started by dnjan, Dec 3, 2008.

1. dnjan

dnjan One Too Many

Can somebody recommend a tailor in Seattle? I have someone I go to for alterations, but they don't really do new stuff. I would like to have a 3-button waistcoat made to go with a dinnerjacket. All of the waistcoats I have found go too high (and would cover the silver studs I received years ago as a wedding present from my wife!).

thanks!

2. Mahagonny Bill

Mahagonny Bill Practically Family

Queen Anne Tailors?

I have had some alterations done at Queen Anne Tailors. A very nice family runs the place and they do very good work. I don't know how they are with making new garments, but it wouldn't hurt to ask:

Queen Anne Tailors
    1616 Queen Anne Ave N Ste 101
    Seattle, WA 98109
    (206) 285-4285

If you do have something made with them, please post a review.

3. _RAGNAR_

_RAGNAR_ One of the Regulars

my russian tailor (kirkland) says there is a german guy in bellevue that does stuff from scratch. If you want the name I'll stop by and ask him.

4. dnjan

dnjan One Too Many

Please do. I won't be looking for a lot - probably just two waistcoats (one black and one white), but I will need somebody willing to start from scratch.

5. _RAGNAR_

I won't be able to get by there for a week or so, but if I don't get back to you by the end of next week please remind me.

6. jmacak

jmacak New in Town

Hi

You might also try:

Michaels Bespoke Tailors at 1333 5th Ave Ste 400, Seattle, WA 98101
    or
    Decaro Sartoria Custom Tailors 2025 1st Ave # D Seattle, WA 98121

No experience with either, but I've seen plenty of their work in the thrift stores around here, and have a couple shirts (thrifted) from Decaro, and they seem pretty good.

cheers

joe

7. dnjan

dnjan One Too Many

Thanks! I'll head downtown next week and talk with them.

8. _RAGNAR_

I don't seem to be able to do PMs yet. I have the information for you but my tailor was very specific about you approaching this german guy in the proper manner, so if you can PM me with an email I can give you the information.