Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tattoos.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I don't get too much attention on my tats, prob because they aren't seen much, and one of the peeps I hang out with has his arms heavily done.

But I was at the store last night, and while in line the lady behind me said I must really like cats. Since I was wearing a tank top the ones on my back are very easily seen. I just let her know that it was for my cat who died past december and each paw was for his year. This just got us on to the subject of cats and how there were so many who needed good homes, and I told her what I hoe one of my daughters cat was, right when I was about to take her to the vet to get fixed, we noticed she was preg again, and just had kittens.

Sjoconn

New in Town
I have my entire left fore-arm covered in a native Filipino design. I often get touched and have my arm moved to see it from various angels by strangers. But, since usually the strangers are women I really don't mind at all.

RIOT

Practically Family
Sjoconn said:
I have my entire left fore-arm covered in a native Filipino design. I often get touched and have my arm moved to see it from various angels by strangers. But, since usually the strangers are women I really don't mind at all.

Hey man, welcome to the Fedora Lounge!

I would really be interested in seeing some of the work you had done if you have any pictures of it. Is it the Alibata (sp?) style? I have been wanting the traditional Filipino type work done on my shoulders and parts of my lower limb for some time now. Any good artist you can recommend that does this particular style?

Sjoconn

New in Town
RIOT said:
Hey man, welcome to the Fedora Lounge!

I would really be interested in seeing some of the work you had done if you have any pictures of it. Is it the Alibata (sp?) style? I have been wanting the traditional Filipino type work done on my shoulders and parts of my lower limb for some time now. Any good artist you can recommend that does this particular style?

Thanks for the welcome. I will have to figure out how to post pictures and will gladly show off what I have. I have an artist that I highly recommend for Filipino style work, but he is in Cebu, Philippines.

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
TheKitschGoth said:
I'm another one who gets random strangers touching my tattoos. I've got paw prints around my wrist, and when I worked in a shop I'd regularly get customers start touching my wrist while I was serving them. It was a little weird. Though I suppose it was better than them trying to touch the tattoo on my chest [huh]

there was a man the other day at my work who touched the tattoo on my chest... I was in such shock I didn't know what to do, it was just with his index finger so he didn't grope me or anything, but it's still smack dab in the middle of my chest. I've also had customers stick there fingers in my stretched earlobes. some people just don't have any regard for ones personal space.

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
ShesSoVaVaVoom said:
there was a man the other day at my work who touched the tattoo on my chest... I was in such shock I didn't know what to do, it was just with his index finger so he didn't grope me or anything, but it's still smack dab in the middle of my chest. I've also had customers stick there fingers in my stretched earlobes. some people just don't have any regard for ones personal space.

It's kinda scary isn't it? I ended up getting my managers permission to leave reception at my old job if a certain client walked in because of his inappropriate behaviour towards my chest tattoo (and covering it up didn't help)

Though, I am grateful that I mainly get positive reactions to my tatts.

Feraud

Bartender
ShesSoVaVaVoom said:
Learn to punch. :)

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
Feraud said:
Learn to punch. :)

not alowed to react violently in those situations... at work :)
I work at a hardware store also, so it's a mans world, though I did tell my manager when that happened.

TheKitschGoth said:
It's kinda scary isn't it? I ended up getting my managers permission to leave reception at my old job if a certain client walked in because of his inappropriate behaviour towards my chest tattoo (and covering it up didn't help)

Though, I am grateful that I mainly get positive reactions to my tatts.

it can be very scary, I had a similar situation, and since I can't leave where I am at, I have a male coworker stand there until he's left my line.

Jay

Practically Family
Where's all the pictures?

Well, I guess I'll show mine. Love it or hate it, it isn't going anywhere for a while.
IMG_0463.jpg

Sorry about the photo. Who have thought it's so hard to take a picture of your shoulder?

Jay

Practically Family
Oops. In that case, consider my previous post evidence in my stance on tattoos. And evidence in my habit of skimming over words.

Now for some coffee...

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
anybody ever have any problems with healing red ink? I recently got cherry Tomatos on my wrists, and only the dark red parts seems really angry, they puffed up, deflated, and then puffed again lol.

I have to get the color touched up as soon as the itchy healing process runs it course, but I'm thinking of going with a more orange red, than red orange this time.

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
ShesSoVaVaVoom said:
anybody ever have any problems with healing red ink? I recently got cherry Tomatos on my wrists, and only the dark red parts seems really angry, they puffed up, deflated, and then puffed again lol.

I have to get the color touched up as soon as the itchy healing process runs it course, but I'm thinking of going with a more orange red, than red orange this time.
I personally haven't, but I have read that some people have trouble with red ink. I can't remember why though :( sorry.

Canadave

One Too Many
...and I bet the answer is nowhere to be found on the Internet. Oh, look at that, 15,000 hits for a search of "red tattoo ink irritating"! lol

From http://tinyurl.com/5vcjw3 -

"It is not a common occurrence for people to be allergic to tattoo ink but when such reactions occur; they are usually allergic reactions to red ink. Red ink is the only existing ink color that manufacturers of tattoo ink have not developed to be hypo-allergenic. Ink makers have succeeded in making the rest of the other colors hypo-allergenic, so if you have allergies to tattoo inks, the red ink will most likely be your only problem...".

Lots more too.

David

Scuffy

One of the Regulars
Well I guess it's time to finally show my ink! I really love the "traditional" styles of people like Sailor Jerry so this is the direction I've gone with most of what I have.

On the inside of my right arm I have a cowgirl pinup who sits in a band of stars, bullets and smoke that wraps up and around my upper arm to my shoulder. On the outside of my shoulder I have a six shooter set against the "Dead Man's Hand"- Aces and Eights along with a banner that reads "Cowboy" which is my nickname amongst several of my long time friends.

Tats.jpg

Tats-3.jpg

Tats-2.jpg

Tats2-2.jpg

On the inside of my left I have an Indian Maiden pinup, on my shoulder a smallish motorcycle that two of my other buddies and I got... (theirs done by the owner of the shop, mine by the apprentice so it's quite noticeable in regards to quality. :rage: ).

Tats-4.jpg

On my left shoulder blade I have a compass rose set against an American flag. The only direction indicated on it is (W)est. Kinda a tongue in cheek throw back to the phrase "Go west young man!". Which describes me because I travel west to Montana every second I get with every spare penny that I make. I do need to get this touched up as the blue field of the flag decided to bleed into the stars- which were left un-inked. Don't know how to fix that one!

Tats2.jpg

And finally on my stomach I have a tribal-esque spriral around my belly button.

Tats-5.jpg

All of my tats I have drawn up myself so they shant be found anywhere else save the nautical stars and such. I love my ink! And sometimes it's very hard not to go crazy and just go out and get everything I'd like to!

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
Canadave said:
...and I bet the answer is nowhere to be found on the Internet. Oh, look at that, 15,000 hits for a search of "red tattoo ink irritating"! lol

David

lol I've searched it up some before, but I have another tattoo with red in it and had no problems healing that one. I'm getting it touched up and staying away from red-red. lol I work with my hands and I don't need them looking gross again when I'm dealing with customers at work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21