Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tattoos.

volatile

A-List Customer
l_ec4870fb67994f8c962f09f6868611c3.jpg

One of my most recent pieces, based on some old 40s flash.

volatile

A-List Customer
sian kisses said:
volatile, your tattoo is so good> who did it? i can't wait to get more roll on august.

By a Welsh guy based in California called Stuart Cripwell... If you want recommendations for London-based traditional artists, do let me know; I can point you in the right direction.

sian kisses

One of the Regulars
volatile said:
By a Welsh guy based in California called Stuart Cripwell... If you want recommendations for London-based traditional artists, do let me know; I can point you in the right direction.

yes please. i need to get my sleeve finished so far i have my anchor and need lots adding.
so any recommendations would be good> people keep telling me frith street or the family business.

i currently go to into you brighton.

Edward

Bartender
Is that the same business as Into You on St John's Street, round Farringdon? My office used to be round the corner from there, and I've been planning to check them out. Rufus recommended them too - that's where he had a lot of his work done (though the specific guy who did his ink is in Aus now, if memory serves).

volatile

A-List Customer
Edward said:
Is that the same business as Into You on St John's Street, round Farringdon? My office used to be round the corner from there, and I've been planning to check them out. Rufus recommended them too - that's where he had a lot of his work done (though the specific guy who did his ink is in Aus now, if memory serves).

Yeah, same people (my office is on Cowcross Street!).

I can also recommend (especially for traditional stuff):

Frith Street (Xam, Valerie, Stuart)
Family Business
Self-Sacrifice (Oxford St)
Jayne Doe (Hornchurch)

All excellent studios.

Oh, and in Brighton - Magnum Opus.

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
eldonkr said:
I have a tattoo of a compass rose on my right forearm. Its somewhere in the "Show us your tattoos" thread.

I'd love to see that! Think you could repost it for me? I'm lazy :p

Edward

Bartender
volatile said:
Yeah, same people (my office is on Cowcross Street!).

I can also recommend (especially for traditional stuff):

Frith Street (Xam, Valerie, Stuart)
Family Business
Self-Sacrifice (Oxford St)
Jayne Doe (Hornchurch)

All excellent studios.

Oh, and in Brighton - Magnum Opus.

:eek:fftopic: Cowcross Street? Have you moved down here - thought you were in Brum?

Mmn. What I'm after isn't the obvious traditional stuff, but I would be very keen to have it done in a traitional style.... I will have to wander past those places you mention. Course, the hardest bit is gonig to be getting my cats to 'agree' to giving me a print of their feet so I can have those copied onto my back!! lol

volatile

A-List Customer
Edward said:
:eek:fftopic: Cowcross Street? Have you moved down here - thought you were in Brum?

Oh! I never lived in Brum! The ex and I just used to come up from Reading for Candy Box...

The commute to Farringdon was killing me, and Bea and I broke up, so I moved to North London. Where are you?

Mmn. What I'm after isn't the obvious traditional stuff, but I would be very keen to have it done in a traitional style.... I will have to wander past those places you mention. Course, the hardest bit is gonig to be getting my cats to 'agree' to giving me a print of their feet so I can have those copied onto my back!! lol

Well, all those places would be great for traditional with a twist!

Tikismall

New in Town
MK said:
I think tattoos are wierd. I love pictures and am inspired by imagery.....but there is no one image that I would want to see forever and make it a part of my body. If I like an image I can hang it on a wall. When I am tired of it, I can change it.

My father and grandfather had tattoos. I remember when I was a little boy and commited on them they always looked sad or embarressed by the indiscretion of their youth. They would say "son, don't ever get a tattoo". I am thankful for their instruction.

It is bad enough that men have tattoos. I am always saddend when I see girls/women with them. I don't understand girls of today embracing them. Woman tend to want to preserve their bodies, but women today seem bent on mutilating them with piercings and tattoos. It seems though that the piercings are on the decline.

The really odd thing is that women have them put where they can't see them!

Go figure.

Betty2.gif

That is supposed to be sexy? I am sure her children and grand children will be proud.

This makes me feel so welcome to the lounge....Thanks :(

Elaina

One Too Many
Tikismall, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you like it, then be happy.

I just got one like..wow, 2 weeks ago? My brother is a tattoo artist and I've been trying to get this for 7 YEARS.

Picture048.jpg

It's only important to me because as a kid I WAS Ramona, and more special that my brother did it, whom I terrorized. I wanted it to be about 3-4" in height, which it is.

And this is the one and only time you get to see it. I, however, don't get why you get them where you can't see them, so I got it on my hip where *I* can admire it.

Or I can just tell ShooShooBaby I coveted hers so much I had to copy it. It IS a damn fine piece of art.

Tikismall

New in Town
volatile said:
shaw_wm.jpg

Bob Shaw, tattooed by Bert Grimm.

I got my second tattoo of a Bert Grimm Leopard from Sea Tramp tattoo in Portland Oregon. They have his original flash on the walls from the 40's.
Pretty awesome to see someone recognize him!

I just have an opinion and that comment was insulting to me but now it's over and done with so I am good to enjoy the rest of my day... ;)

Anyways, The flash that i've seen in this thread is great. Thank you for the inspiration! :)

volatile

A-List Customer
Tikismall said:
I got my second tattoo of a Bert Grimm Leopard from Sea Tramp tattoo in Portland Oregon. They have his original flash on the walls from the 40's.
Pretty awesome to see someone recognize him!

I just have an opinion and that comment was insulting to me but now it's over and done with so I am good to enjoy the rest of my day... ;)

Anyways, The flash that i've seen in this thread is great. Thank you for the inspiration! :)

I love Bert Grimm (and Bob Shaw, who's the model and who went on to be a pretty awesome tattooer in his own right). I wanna get a Grimm tiger head in the not-too-distant future...

I love Portland - lots of great tattooers. Though you can't beat San Fransisco or NYC - Staurt Cripwell, who did my "Sailor's Grave" piece up thread, is at Spider Murphy Tattoo in San Jose, I think; he really puts on some classic looking pieces.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21