Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Antipodean thread

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Cookie is always good and it's usually not too packed on Sunday. Plus if anyone gets hungry the grub is always great!

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Sunday 23 May 2010 - a day that will live in infamy

What I meant to say is I have blocked the date in my diary. Drinkies sounds great

Pardon my ignorance, where is Cookies?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
MikeBravo said:
Sunday 23 May 2010 - a day that will live in infamy

What I meant to say is I have blocked the date in my diary. Drinkies sounds great

Pardon my ignorance, where is Cookies?

Cookie is on Swanston between Lonsdale and Little Bourke. Same building as the Rooftop Cinema. Nice bar, large selection of booze and very good Thai food.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Thanks MikeBravo - but go ahead and make a time that suits everyone. I think I'm staying in Little Bourke and my day is flexible. I won't, however, be travelling with any vintage gear and minimal hats. So I'll be in my civvies.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Astor Theatre

There are a few interesting movies coming up at the Astor in Windsor, first one on this Saturday evening.

Saturday - May 22 - 7:30 PM
Singin' In The Rain [G] (1952)
An American In Paris [G] (1951)
Sunday - May 30 - 2 PM (MATINEE)
Dr Zhivago [PG] (1965)
Sunday - May 30 - 7 PM (NOTE TIME)
The Petrified Forest [PG] (1936)
Angels With Dirty Faces [PG] (1938)
Sunday - June 6 - 7 PM (NOTE TIME)
The Maltese Falcon [PG] (1941)
Casablanca [PG] (1942)
Sunday - June 13 - 7 PM (NOTE TIME)
To Have And Have Not [PG] (1944)
The Big Sleep [PG] (1946)
Sunday - June 27 - 7 PM (NOTE TIME)
A Night At The Opera [G] (1935)
A Day At The Races [G] (1937)
Sunday - July 4 - 2 PM (MATINEE)
Gone With The Wind [PG] (1939)
Sunday - July 18 - 7 PM (NOTE TIME)
The Postman Always Rings Twice [PG] (1946)
Mildred Pierce [PG] (1945)
Sunday - July 25 - 2 PM (MATINEE)
The Shop Around The Corner [PG] (1940)
It's A Wonderful Life [PG] (1946)

And out of left field:
Friday - July 9 - 8 PM (NOTE TIME)
The Rocky Horror Picture Show [M] (1975) Could be a blast!

Here' s the link http://www.astor-theatre.com/

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
[YOUTUBE]K4h4HZWSPUc[/YOUTUBE]
a%20mildred%20pierce%20the%20joan%20crawford%20collection%20dvd%20review%20PDVD_006.jpg

"I'm going to slap your face you hideous little snot"

Godfrey

One of the Regulars
Buster and the Bluegrassy Knoll

I'm not sure if you all had the chance to see the Bluegrassy Knoll do one of their Live film scores to a Buster Movie. Its been years since they have done one and it looks like they are back to do Sherlock Jr for the Jazz Festival. They are playing on the 4th of June at the Melbourne Recital Centre. Would be well worth going!

A bit of background for those interested
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4g7d4JgfI0I&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4g7d4JgfI0I&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

tuppence

Practically Family
I'm going to try and make it to the may 23rd meet up. Is some-one going to start a thread in events on it?

I love all you real estate posts Binkie. Even if we can't ever afford them it's nice eye candy

tuppence

Practically Family
Well I feel for all the older people $2 is a big deal for them. And most of them started the habit way before health warnings ever came about.
Not to mention people with mental illness, 20% of people with a mental illness smoke, which compares to 1.7% of the general population. Unfortunately a lot of people with mental illness are unable to take quit smoking medication.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy