Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Antipodean thread

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
2008434648_1_FS.JPG

"Wonderful Deco Apartment in Hobart Tasmania"

http://www.domain.com.au/ore/Public/Gallery/Photo.aspx?adid=2008434648&pic=1&st=1

Viola

Call Me a Cab
May I come say hello in this thread? I have just today been informed by my migration officer I have leave to come into aus on my prospective spousal visa!

Hooray, I love my man but long-distance relationships can go jump.

I won't dissemble - I am just so happy I am telling everyone.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Congrats on your visa!

Will this be your first trip to Oz and where in this big country are you off to?

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Smithy said:
Congrats on your visa!

Will this be your first trip to Oz and where in this big country are you off to?

It will be my 2nd trip...I had two lovely months in 2008, not exactly time to "see everything" or anything, I'm afraid. Got to see the Opera House and the Blue Mountains (Katoomba is GORGEOUS, James!) but am looking forward to having more time.

We're going to be in the Western Suburbs of Sydney. We're going to be looking for a place in Campbelltown or Camden, which is, I believe, near Penrith, but I am very directionally challenged even in my own hometown. :eek:

That's aside from how years ago I mixed up Perth and Penrith, which I have still not been allowed to forget! :)

I am terribly excited, even if looking at my knickknacks, clothes, books, and vintage furniture I'm a bit boggled. I just found out I had clearance today and I am looking at two weeks...? AAAAAH.

But it'll be good. As long as I don't go crazy.

Pittsburgh? Philly here. Hope we can still be friends. ;)

James71

A-List Customer
I grew up in the western suburbs, near penrith and both my wife and I work in Penrith. Camden is about half an hour from the 'rith (penrith). Its a very nice area.

Im sure we can still be friends. Even if you sound a bit like you come from NJ. :)

Let us know when you make it. Perhaps we can all meet up for a drink.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Viola said:
It will be my 2nd trip...I had two lovely months in 2008, not exactly time to "see everything" or anything, I'm afraid. Got to see the Opera House and the Blue Mountains (Katoomba is GORGEOUS, James!) but am looking forward to having more time.

We're going to be in the Western Suburbs of Sydney. We're going to be looking for a place in Campbelltown or Camden, which is, I believe, near Penrith, but I am very directionally challenged even in my own hometown. :eek:

That's aside from how years ago I mixed up Perth and Penrith, which I have still not been allowed to forget! :)

I am terribly excited, even if looking at my knickknacks, clothes, books, and vintage furniture I'm a bit boggled. I just found out I had clearance today and I am looking at two weeks...? AAAAAH.

But it'll be good. As long as I don't go crazy.

Pittsburgh? Philly here. Hope we can still be friends. ;)

" Welcome! and Oh you'r forgiven, I still always mix up Katoomba & Tawoomba , and when someone asked after I went on an overseas Trip, what I though of the Dardanelles , I said I loved her, but he was a bit of a" bore"

Mojito

One Too Many
WB to Oz, Viola! We should have a welcoming meet and greet when you get here...I've been thinking about proposing a Sydney meetup for the spring.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
miss_elise said:
first female leader of non-specific powers...yay!

edited to remove politics ;)

I'll just re-post what I put on my Facebook page

"Oh dear. It's deja vu all over again.

Victorian Labor put Joan Kirner in when all was lost after John Cain saw the end coming and bailed.
tisktisk October will tell"

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Yes & look at what Victoria got after Joan Kirner.........Jeff Kennet :eek:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gTxZeMYaUVM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gTxZeMYaUVM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

LordBest

Practically Family
Without going into the politics of the matter, the comparison is not apt. Victorian Labor were heading for certain defeat, whereas Federal Labour has recieved an election winning result in all but three of the past two dozen plus polls taken since May.

Interesting times, regardless. Congratulations to our first female Prime Minister.

MikeBravo said:
I'll just re-post what I put on my Facebook page

"Oh dear. It's deja vu all over again.

Victorian Labor put Joan Kirner in when all was lost after John Cain saw the end coming and bailed.
tisktisk October will tell"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy