Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Antipodean thread

LordBest

Practically Family
I don't suppose anyone here knows of an Australian vintage appliace restoration service? Preferably in Victoria. I was given what I believe to be a 1960s (the model number is worn away and the serial number partly gone so its hard to be sure) Kelvinator refrigerator but it is in rather dire straits.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Oh Binkie, you are a terrific Hon! She's a lovely little baby (and I'm aware how ugly new borns can be, but I'm biased ;).

Yes I immediately thought of Aunty Mame, but couldn't decide between Greer Garson or Rosalind Russell. As I'm a redhead I thought I'd go with Greer.

(sorry I didn't respond earlier, only saw your post today)

Last edited:

gegarrenton

New in Town
So this Yank is heading to Oz over the New Year, what sort of stuff to see can you guys recommend? Flying into SYD obviously.

Talbot

One Too Many
Enough time to take in some sights. Try and take in a ferry ride around Sydney Harbour while you are there.

Lolly is right, NYE on the harbour is pretty cool.

DAJE

One of the Regulars
So this Yank is heading to Oz over the New Year, what sort of stuff to see can you guys recommend? Flying into SYD obviously.

The ferry to Manly is a classic tourist thing to do, but don't let that put you off: it's lovely. Manly is a peninsula, there's a nice pedestrian mall between the dock and the ocean beach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy