Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Antipodean thread

cupcake

Familiar Face
BinkieBaumont said:
australia_day_fireworks_perth.jpg

"Swan River City foreshore is the last place I would want to be tonight there has been uproar in the last few weeks about the banning of Alcohol, but if you have the $$$ you can sip champers in a corporate box, its all very "Bread and Circus" there is bound to be a photo in the paper of someone who has been hit in the face with a broken bottle!"

Its the last place I want to be also, alas I'll be at the heart of it, serving alcohol in one of the few licenced areas on the foreshore - the bells cafe.

Lord, have mercy.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
dr greg said:
I'll be a bit more interested when they get the butcher's apron off the southern cross.....
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I think the aboriginal flag would be much better "in the corner" than the union jack. Let us acknowledge the original owners rather than the colonisers - now that would be something to celebrate.

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
I understand Lolly, it does seem an inappropriate day to celebrate. I guess it doesn't represent the wonderful indigenous culture as much it does the modern culture of boozing and barbies! That flag photo is gorgeous.

That said, I have a little sentimental connection to the day as I met my Aussie boyfriend when I lived in Sydney around this time and I have family there too. Love it there, miss it a lot. Hopefully I'll get back v soon!

tuppence

Practically Family
lolly_loisides said:
4302119652_02621ea923.jpg

It's vintage, it's Australian & she looks a hell of alot better than the bogans that drape themselves in the flag now adays.

O.K I'm a Dummy!!!! Why is it red?
How about all those white explorers that suffered and sometimes perished to cross our great country.If they had just learnt the lingo they could have asked for directions and saved themselves a lot of bother. Typical males:p

tuppence

Practically Family
I mite

The New vegemite and cheese spread. I know it's a bit late but what are your opinions? I can't eat vegemite because of the yeast but my man lives on it!
I have collected the jars and hope one day they will be worth something

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
tuppence said:
The New vegemite and cheese spread. I know it's a bit late but what are your opinions? I can't eat vegemite because of the yeast but my man lives on it!
I have collected the jars and hope one day they will be worth something
I was going to try it until I looked at the nutritional information on the jar - 100gms of cheesybite has 17gms of fat, compared to regular vegemite that has less than 1gm per 100gms.......

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I grew up on Vegemite as well and love it, along with NZ Marmite (not that terrible British marmite rubbish). But only on toast, I'm the same and had too many vegemite sandwiches for school lunch.

That iSnack or cheesymite or whatever they call it is crap. It's all a marketing gimmick. I'll be surprised if it stays on the market for more than a couple of years.

tuppence

Practically Family
opinions needed

I'm thinking of buying a Morris Minor because I can't afford a f.j Holden. Is this cool or not? I'm just not quite sure!
What is the coolest (affordable) car available in Australia.
Your advice appreciated

Selvaggio

One of the Regulars
Yes. Cool.

But not as cool as a Humber SuperSnipe (expensive) or Hawk (less expensive) - I have always wanted one.

Selvaggio

One of the Regulars
That is cool. The front reminds me of the early Peugeot 504s, which I find, don't laugh now, quite cool as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace