Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

buler

I'll Lock Up
Eastern Caps box

Only the second cap box I've run into.

B

eastern_caps_box.jpg

eastern_caps_box_2.jpg

comp_wiz101

New in Town
Hi, newbie here!
My submission for the day is my "Checkpoint Charlie" hat - it's a cap directly patterned off of a vintage cap (of unknown origin) found in Berlin. I sewed it myself on a 1940's Singer machine; it is made of wool & mohair, simple cotton lining, and the ear flaps can be lowered for cold Canadian mornings :) Sadly, I never could press out that slightly "dog eared" look, but it's grown on me.
IMGP7336Large.jpg

IMGP7334Large.jpg

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Crofut & Knapp cap. C&K added cloth caps and hats to their product line in 1919, so this dates 1919 to about 1941, essentially narrowing it down to the '20s or '30s. lol It's really nice to have added one of these rarities to my collection.

It's about a size 7, though there is no tag at all in the cap.

CKCap1.jpg

CKCap2.jpg

Only thing on the sweatband is "Real Russia," whatever the heck that is. No C&K stamp at all.

CKCap3.jpg

Too small for me to wear, plus the sweatband stitching is coming out.
CKCapOnMe.jpg

Brad

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Harris Tweed, Exclusive countrywear, Chris Dawes, Yorkshire, England.

IMG0521-L.jpg

This cap's tweed colors I really enjoy. The above pic is a down sweater, but this weekend it worked slick when wearing a blue blazer and tan topcoat. I am still in the beginning stage of my foray into caps. I am enjoying wearing the cap very much.

Eric -

Razzman

One Too Many
"Today I received my 8-panel newsboy that was made for me by the Fedora Lounge's own Hepville. I ordered a length of Harris Tweed and Bela made it into a wonderful, voluminous, drapey newsboy. Much recommended!" :D

Mario, that's a fantastic looking cap :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap. Hepville appears to be quite talented :eusa_clap:eusa_clap Hats off to Hepveile :cheers1: If you don't mind my asking, where did you purchase the material

Last edited:

Mario

I'll Lock Up
"Today I received my 8-panel newsboy that was made for me by the Fedora Lounge's own Hepville. I ordered a length of Harris Tweed and Bela made it into a wonderful, voluminous, drapey newsboy. Much recommended!" :D

Mario, that's a fantastic looking cap :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap. Hepville appears to be quite talented :eusa_clap:eusa_clap Hats off to Hepveile :cheers1: If you don't mind my asking, where did you purchase the material

Hepville not only appears to be a talented man, he really is. :)

I ordered the tweed directly from the Isle of Harrs: http://www.harristweedandknitwear.co.uk/shop_pages/tweed.html

The fabric I chose for the cap is sample HB52.

Adnamira

A-List Customer
I have one of their linen Summer eight panel caps. Very pleased with that.

This morning I took delivery of a black Stetson Burney. Photos to follow in due course.

City Sport have some lovely fabrics and look well made. I have a Stetson Tropical Wool Cap, which people have commented is my best looking newsboy. It's modern styled cap, but is a very well made, easy to live with, good fitting cap - as a major manufacturer, Stetson Europe leaves Kangol in the cold - better fabrics, better style, better made.

Last edited:

pipvh

Practically Family
For any London loungers, The Vintage Showroom on Earlham Street has two or three old French-style flat caps at the moment - one is an almost immaculate grey with leather sweatband (much too small for me, as were they all... curses) from a hatters in Union Street, Plymouth which I'm pretty certain dates it to before the Blitz.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
For any London loungers, The Vintage Showroom on Earlham Street has two or three old French-style flat caps at the moment - one is an almost immaculate grey with leather sweatband (much too small for me, as were they all... curses) from a hatters in Union Street, Plymouth which I'm pretty certain dates it to before the Blitz.

If they were inexpensive you could probably buy them and sell them to loungers over here in the USA.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari