Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Da Vinci Code

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Rottentomatoes review@ 17% Positive

Currently @ Rottentomatoes.com only 17% positive
out 59 reviewers :eek: !If you follow this website
which I do on regular basis thats pretty BAD :eusa_doh:

SC [huh]

PS Sir Ian's performance supposed to be best in the movie!

Katydid

One of the Regulars
I wish I had read the book because everyone I know loved it somehow. I think all the controversy is overrated but whatever does it for you. I was driving past one of the local movie theaters and there were Catholic protestors along the road with signs and banners and pictures of Christ and everything. Crazy Catholics. ;) (No offense) I'm going to see it tonight but I have a feeling I'll be disappointed. Highly anticipated movies like this are usually a let down because the hype is too big for the movie.

Flash Gordon

Familiar Face
I saw it at an 11:45 am show this morning.

It was okay. A little long, but it was nice to look at the Louvre, Audrey Tautou, London and Paris. I read the book when it first came out, so I don't remember if all the details were there, but it sure seemed like it. The critics were said to have guffawed out loud at a line spoken by Tom Hanks. I'm not sure which line it was, but there were a couple of clunkers. It MAY have been what Hanks says to Tautou at the end.

A little side note about the book:

I wrote a book about cigars about ten years ago that became pretty popular, and my literary agent Jake was Dan Brown's agent. So, Jake used to give me books by Brown when they first came out...long before he was a top-seller. He gave me "Angels and Demons" when it was published and I told him I liked it. I asked him if Brown was working on anything else and he said a similar book about the holy grail. When "The Da Vinci Code" came out, he gave me a copy over lunch. I looked inside and it was autographed to Jake. I asked him why he was giving it to me. He told me that he wasn't Dan's agent anymore, and he didn't want it. Now I tease Jake about the signed first-edition I have of the biggest-selling book ever, which at last look was going for over $1,000. He's never asked for it back. I wouldn't sell it, because telling the story is too much fun.
P.S. I liked "Angels and Demons" better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran