Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixties.nut

Carefull there !!!

jamespowers said:
That likely involved getting out the strap. ;) :p
Kids that cute you'll stunt their growth. My father just took his off and laid it on the coffee table. Look what it went and done to me !!! :eek:

Big_e said:
I told her, "that's fine, I'll take compliments where I can get them.".
Ernie, I'm pickin up what your laying down! Anything to upgrade my Walmart fashion sense.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was in full fedora and suit at Trader Joe's and a tall, young, quite hot chick with very long hair said, "Are you here to kill me?" I gave her my sexiest smile but kept walking.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Doran said:
I was in full fedora and suit at Trader Joe's and a tall, young, quite hot chick with very long hair said, "Are you here to kill me?" I gave her my sexiest smile but kept walking.

My reply woulda been, with a smile, 'I can think of a better things to do with you.' ;o)

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
J B said:
Heh heh, OK, but a little raunchy for my tastes. I personally wouldn't do it. Clever one, though.

I little toned back you could have said, "That would be such a waste."

Drew B

One of the Regulars
Just the other night a twat yelled out of his car "Nice hat! Do they come for men?" I had no response to this because I couldn't think of a way to explain the stupidity of his comment.

Cheers,
Drew.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Drew B said:
Just the other night a twat yelled out of his car "Nice hat! Do they come for men?" I had no response to this because I couldn't think of a way to explain the stupidity of his comment.

Cheers,
Drew.

I will presume you meant twit.

My response: 'Do you?'

Wolfen

One of the Regulars
Dean said:
I once stood in an airport with a 9 foot surfboard bag with 'surfboard' written in large letters along the side - a guy waiting next to me asks "whats in there?"

I told him it was a collapsable plane and did he know which way the runway was....

DEAN.

Classic "...here's your sign..."

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
scottyrocks said:
I will presume you meant twit.

My response: 'Do you?'

OFF TOPIC:

In Australia and Britain, twat is commonly used in context to mean twit, twirp, idiot, etc.

Tool, knob, pylon are not unknown here in Canada. In our armed forces, "numpty" is the preferred term of art!

English is such a colourful language...

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
MisterCairo said:
OFF TOPIC:

In Australia and Britain, twat is commonly used in context to mean twit, twirp, idiot, etc.

English is such a colourful language...

The word in question has a bit more vulgar connotation in the US. Kind of along the lines of the US term for a "bum bag" being considered vulgar in the UK.

Another case of countries separated by a common language! ;)

Cheers,
Tom

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
MisterCairo said:
The "word" in Canada primarily shares the US meaning. We do, however, watch a great deal of British television so we learn to "translate" English into english!

Ah. I spent four years in England and don't recall ever hearing it, but I suppose that just means that it wasn't used around me. Probably just as well, considering the opportunity for misunderstanding! ;)

And now, back to our regularly scheduled thread divergence... :p

Cheers,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner