Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

dostacos

Practically Family
PeeWee said:
I'm a head shaver and I get "what happened to your hair" a lot. That is a really, really dumb thing to say to somebody. I can't even think of a dumb responce to that:)
God only created a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair.

dostacos

Practically Family
jamespowers said:
I've heard it happen more than once. Sometimes people ask for it though. A guy with a lot of money and a vindictive streak can certainly ruin your day. :p

Regards,

J
a older couple wanted to donate money to Harvard [I think that was the school] and name the building for their son who had gone there for a short time [I believe he was killed in the war, but it may have been that the war interrupted his studies] at any rate the administrator looked down his nose and basically told them to shove off.

Their name was STANFORD and they just started there own school instead:D

Empyrium

One of the Regulars
Senator Jack said:
I got Michael Jackson again on Saturday night. I guess the guy only saw the black fedora and not the tuxedo I was wearing. Funny, if I saw a black man in a fedora and said, 'you look like Michael Jackson,' I would be called racist.

Regards,

Senator Jack

I always get Michael Jackson, from my friends.
I say: Hell! is MJ the only man in the world who wears a Fedora?

another day when they saw me in spats and hat they said "today you are completely MJ"

oh my!...what should i say...:rage:

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think there are two ways to react to hat comments:

1) If they are positive. "Thank you".

2) If negative, ignore them.

But I do admire James Powers' wit. A lot.

dean

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I actually had another goofy comment about two weeks ago.

Over the past summer, during the summer break from college, and my investigation apprenticeship was going slow, I worked part time at the tram here in Albuquerque.

Anyway, I came in one day to pickup one of my last paychecks, and I was wearing the Featherweight that I got from Art Fawcett. So I walk into the console room (where the tram is driven) and one of my co-workers was sitting there. He looks up, sees me in the hat and says, "What's up, Grandpa?"

Only thing I could think to do was to cover my teeth with my lips and yell out, "Howdy!"

I think he was just joking though, hopefully he really didn't think I looked like Grandpa...

dostacos

Practically Family
johnnycanuck said:
Yesterday
Allen Edmonds - McClain - Bourbon and bone spectators
Boot cut Buffalo blue jeans
beige dress shirt
Tilley Safari vest
Akubra snowy river - Santone fawn

Today
Yellow Cowboy boots
Wranglers
Black dress shirt
Tilley Safari vest
Akubra Down Under - Black

Boss just told me this is the second day I look like Indiana Jones...
?What?
you need to go in dressed as Indy, pants, shirt, jacket, hat Mk VII bag and maybe even the whip, then say NOW THIS IS INDY!

ScionPI2005 said:
I actually had another goofy comment about two weeks ago.

Over the past summer, during the summer break from college, and my investigation apprenticeship was going slow, I worked part time at the tram here in Albuquerque.

Anyway, I came in one day to pickup one of my last paychecks, and I was wearing the Featherweight that I got from Art Fawcett. So I walk into the console room (where the tram is driven) and one of my co-workers was sitting there. He looks up, sees me in the hat and says, "What's up, Grandpa?"

Only thing I could think to do was to cover my teeth with my lips and yell out, "Howdy!"

I think he was just joking though, hopefully he really didn't think I looked like Grandpa...

Response: "If i was Grandpa, I wouldn't be working in this damned place. I would be home with the wife collecting social security and loving it." ;) :p

LEUII

One of the Regulars
When I'm dressed in Wranglers, starched shirt and wearing one of my Stetsons I've been asked more times that once for an autograph. They always think I'm Garth Brooks. Little kids, adults, it is a little spooky.

Valhson

One of the Regulars
I got one I just can't wrap my mind around. It came from a good friend of mine that is a Fashion Designer for a big house in NYC/Paris. I was wearing my Drivers cap and she looked at me and asked if I was going golfing.

"No, dearie, I am picking you up from the airport and we are going to dinner. You hungry?"

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
LEUII said:
When I'm dressed in Wranglers, starched shirt and wearing one of my Stetsons I've been asked more times that once for an autograph. They always think I'm Garth Brooks. Little kids, adults, it is a little spooky.

And when you sign it, be sure to use your real name. Then, when they're out of your presence, and they glance at the paper, they'll think, "Who?" :eusa_doh:

Jerekson

One Too Many
I went to a baseball game a while back, and I decided to wear my Jaxon Iconoclast.

Apart from the usual, obnoxious Indiana Jones comments, I got one that I found a bit peculiar.

In the parking lot, a guy came speeding (probably 25mph) down the road directly in front me in an open chevy pickup. He glances at me as he goes past, then throws his head out the window and screams, "HI, HARRY!"

Then he started whooping like a drunken hillbilly and took off out of the parking lot.

...wth...

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I wore my black federation to church sunday with a black suit, white shirt, black tie with small pink stripes. Got told by someone I know I looked like a pimp! He does like to pick at me so didn't take it personal. Also someone I don't usually talk to said they were gonna have to wear a tux to compete with me and then made a james bond comment. James bond and fedoras??? Of course got a secret agent comment or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt