Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

metropd

One Too Many
Pimp in the context that they use it in means playboy or a a ladies man. Try not to take it literally and it might help. I agree though I would not want to be called that. Luckily I haven't got a stupid comment regarding my hats in almost 2 years.

metropd

One Too Many
Ahh I get it(I think).....well then some people talk to hear themselves talk, I guess it has alot more to do with them than your(proverbial) hat.

LEUII

One of the Regulars
I had a funny comment today. I was wearing my Silver Belly OR with a fedora bash. I had on a plaid shirt and jeans. While fueling up at the truck stop. I burn diesel. I noticed two kids staring at me. They were acting really nervous. Eventually they sped away and promptly hit a telephone pole. Dinged their car a bit. There happened to be a police officer right on the other side of the building. Long story made short. The kids had 'contraband substances' in their vehicle. I over heard them commenting on 'that undercover detective in the black Ford.'

Really cracked me up.

No pun intended. ;)

Duck

Practically Family
Cowboy Hat

A woman at work looks at my hat and says " That is one screwed up cowboy hat". I was wearing my JPD Raider. [huh]

fatwoul

Practically Family
Duck said:
A woman at work looks at my hat and says " That is one screwed up cowboy hat". I was wearing my JPD Raider. [huh]

She might have had a valid point if you were wearing your recently altered black hat. But even then, "screwed up" would need replacing with "awesomised".

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
LEUII said:
I had a funny comment today. I was wearing my Silver Belly OR with a fedora bash. I had on a plaid shirt and jeans. While fueling up at the truck stop. I burn diesel. I noticed two kids staring at me. They were acting really nervous. Eventually they sped away and promptly hit a telephone pole. Dinged their car a bit. There happened to be a police officer right on the other side of the building. Long story made short. The kids had 'contraband substances' in their vehicle. I over heard them commenting on 'that undercover detective in the black Ford.'

Really cracked me up.

No pun intended. ;)

:eusa_clap That's awesome!

Starius

Practically Family
LEUII said:

Really cracked me up.

No pun intended. ;)

That is absolutely hilarious.
Makes you wonder if they were on said 'contraband substances' at the time...

hargist

One of the Regulars
metropd said:
Pimp in the context that they use it in means playboy or a a ladies man. Try not to take it literally and it might help. I agree though I would not want to be called that. Luckily I haven't got a stupid comment regarding my hats in almost 2 years.

I get the occasional pimp comment. I don't take the comment literally. I know it is meant as a compliment. However, I think it's one of those words that has such a negative connotation that it's difficult for me to see it as positive.

It's like those who use the "N" word. The argument I've heard from people who use it is that they are taking ownership of the word, but it's still a disgusting word that people would be better off not using at all.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I don't know whether to take this as a compliment or what, but it was definitely a comment.

Today I got: "Shoo', that son's old school"

fatwoul

Practically Family
Marc Chevalier said:
If someday I get, "You look like Freddy Krueger", I'll move to Antarctica or something.

Reply: Wink and say "Yeah, in your dreams". lol

Barry

Practically Family
I went up to the Baltimore Comicon for a couple of hours. I wore some vintage clothing including an old Knox fedora, one of my Hollywood jackets and a tie. I was also wearing a pair of (non-vintage) higher waisted trousers.

As I was walking in two guys were off to the side of the building and one asked "Did you see anyone dressed up yet?" The other guy responded "Yea, so far I've seen two Imperial Stormtroopers, one Darth Vader, and a guy in a period outfit." I assumed he was talking about me. Either way, I got a good laugh out of his remark.

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
Oh, where do...

...I start? I bought my first fedora over 30 years ago and have heard it all. I've heard every gangster/movie/TV/book reference mentioned here.

I hear some strange things, usually very early in the morning at WalMart where I sometimes stop at 6:00 am on the way to work. The other day I had what on I call a "full up." That is: coat and (bow) tie, super shine on the shoes and fedora. A man behind me in the check out line said: "wow, I feel really underdressed."

I said: "Dude it's 6 am in WalMart. How could you possibly feel underdressed? There are 10,000 guys dressed like you for every guy dressed like me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen