Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoney

Practically Family
AdmiralTofu said:
There's a guy at work who's constantly making comments ranging from calling me Dick Tracy to asking me where my shoe phone is. :eusa_doh: It'd be one thing if it were some idiot on the street (ignore 'em), or I'd just started dressing up a week or so or something like that, but I work across a desk from the guy, and I've been doing this for nearly two years now. Doesn't help that I've started gelling my hair back the past two weeks; now I'm "Mr. Smooth" and "Mr. Slick." Hello, I have a name... it's Christopher. Chris-to-pher. Practice it a while. If you need me, I'll be at my desk, working.

A bit snarky, I know, but it gets so old after a while. [Un]fortunately, I lack the cajones to actually say anything about it, so my thoughts remain that: thoughts.

-Tofu

Retaliation comes to mind.... Hmmmm anything about his garmets you could latch onto. A few ribs and he may get the message, Or option #2: You can hire a couple of guys to knock the Cr&p out of him. Just hope he doesn't counter offer them more than you've paid then. Hired thugs are usually unreliable. Your move Mr. Smooth.

lol

AdmiralTofu

One of the Regulars
Stoney said:
Retaliation comes to mind.... Hmmmm anything about his garmets you could latch onto. A few ribs and he may get the message, Or option #2: You can hire a couple of guys to knock the Cr&p out of him. Just hope he doesn't counter offer them more than you've paid then. Hired thugs are usually unreliable. Your move Mr. Smooth.

lol

lol lol lol
'Fraid all I've got to offer a potential hired goon is two bucks, a used hair brush, an old wool fedora, and my collection of vintage ties!

-Tofu

dogsplayinpoker

New in Town
With a face only my Grandmother and a mobster can appreciate, I don't get many comments directed toward me from strangers. I have gotten the "Indy" comment from some family but it is better than what they usually call me;)

citRon

A-List Customer
My favorite, recurring comment; when asked what my major is in, and I say 'Archaeology-Anthropology', and they say 'oh, you wanna be Indiana Jones!'
I now reply 'Well, I really wanted to be Batman, but they weren't offering any Superhero classes.'

citRon said:
My favorite, recurring comment; when asked what my major is in, and I say 'Archaeology-Anthropology', and they say 'oh, you wanna be Indiana Jones!'
I now reply 'Well, I really wanted to be Batman, but they weren't offering any Superhero classes.'

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
As an adendum "and my parents didn't leave me a fortune, business and mansion with dark caves under it." :p

indycop

I'll Lock Up
citRon said:
So now you where the batman belt everyday at work!?lol lol lol

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Today at the grocery store I was wearing a Stetson Open Road, a safari shirt, my WW2-style painted jacket, blue jeans and roughout boots.

I made eye contact with a lady and as she walked away I could hear her hum the Indiana Jones theme song. :rolleyes:

kokopelli

One of the Regulars
Yep

Yep.. Yesterday I was walking into the store as a Mexican family was exiting. A couple witn two teenage daughters. As we passed one of the daughters let out a "YEEHAA"! I was wearing my Stetson cattleman, scully jacket, jeans, Dan Post boots and my silver belt buckle.. It happens... Ron

PS: I do like those little round Mexican women, but these were a little young:D

thunderw21 said:
Today at the grocery store I was wearing a Stetson Open Road, a safari shirt, my WW2-style painted jacket, blue jeans and roughout boots.

I made eye contact with a lady and as she walked away I could hear her hum the Indiana Jones theme song. :rolleyes:

thunderw21 said:

It happened to me on the QM while I was wearing a suit with hat and the whole regalia. :rolleyes: I asked the saps "what is that song from?"
For her, my response would have been "got something caught in your throat? Want me to call a paramedic or psychiatrist?" ;) :p

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A few months ago Lady Day and I were leaving the bar Dalva's on 16th street near Valencia in San Francisco and a young girl said to her friend whom I was trying to slide by, "dick tracy is trying to get out."

I did the right thing and gave her the widening of thhe eyes but no facial expression -- but I was annoyed.

metropd

One Too Many
When someone says something stupid I just smile at the person. Usually they smile back and go "I do like the hat." Maybe they feel as if they were being jerk, or stupid but whatever the case is I get about 100 great comments per every "Hey Bogart" and stupid comment.

I also do not consider people complimenting any single article of my clothing a good thing rather it be a hat, suit ,or shoes. My ensemble shall flow as one and only I should speak louder than the clothing.
I also do not consider being called Frank Sinatra, Humphrey Bogart or Fred Astaire a compliment even thought it is usually is implied as one. To me it seems like they think I'm trying replicate someone elses style when my infulence and muse is myself. To me a compliment is "very elegant, timless look, debonair, impeccable ensemble." Regardless of what they say if it is well intended I keep it at a short "thank you". If they are being a jerk I smile and say nothing and if I am in a bad mood I ignore them. I'm not going to cause a sceane or waist my time with oxgyen theives.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
metropd said:
When someone says something stupid I just smile at the person. Usually they smile back and go "I do like the hat." Maybe they feel as if they were being jerk, or stupid but whatever the case is I get about 100 great comments per every "Hey Bogart" and stupid comment.

I also do not consider people complimenting any single article of my clothing a good thing rather it be a hat, suit ,or shoes. My ensemble shall flow as one and only I should speak louder than the clothing.
I also do not consider being called Frank Sinatra, Humphrey Bogart or Fred Astaire a compliment even thought it is usually is implied as one. To me it seems like they think I'm trying replicate someone elses style when my infulence and muse is myself. To me a compliment is "very elegant, timless look, debonair, impeccable ensemble." Regardless of what they say if it is well intended I keep it at a short "thank you". If they are being a jerk I smile and say nothing and if I am in a bad mood I ignore them. I'm not going to cause a sceane or waist my time with oxgyen theives.

This is very sensible.

Doran said:
A few months ago Lady Day and I were leaving the bar Dalva's on 16th street near Valencia in San Francisco and a young girl said to her friend whom I was trying to slide by, "dick tracy is trying to get out."

I did the right thing and gave her the widening of the eyes but no facial expression -- but I was annoyed.

Another "smoke dope much" comment. :rolleyes:

metropd said:

I wish I could just smile. My KMA personality won't let thing get by. :p
I do completely agree with the compliment by calling you someone else bologny though. They need to just say something simple. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran