Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ortega76

Practically Family
I would have to agree with you on this being a dumb comment. It would be petty to call this one out to the world at large but in a forum of devotees (like this), it's just a funny (slightly snarky) story. As a note, I don't mind snarky on occasion.

Orvil Newton said:
Its not that I don't like their products. Quite the contrary, I've owned quite a few and, in fact, as a buyer for a specialty sports retailer in Honolulu many years ago, bought and sold many dozens of Dorfmans. They have their place to be sure and, before I got my Optimo, I bought a new Dorfman "Panama" every year; a very serviceable hat, and now that I've lost my favorite I'll likely get another Dorfman. With my current lifestyle, traveling by boat and living aboard, it doesn't make much sense to spend so much on something so easily ruined. But for the owner of the company to confuse a $500 genuine Montechristi with a forty dollar Dorfman, well......

That's the subject of the thread, is it not?

OTOH, it was on the steps of the Harbor Pub and perhaps he had already imbibed. In any case, we went in and had a couple of cold draft beers together so it was not as unfriendly as it may have appeared from my earlier post:D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Like an idiot I spent some of my day off going to work to hear the President tell us why we get no raises for at least the next 2 years. Well at some point early on he became obviously irritated that we were not accepting the (insert ugly word here) that we were being sold. I had been silent during the meeting and finally asked a simple question. He asked me if I had kids and then said I would do better for them if "Maybe you gave up that hat and Coke you would have more money"!:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:What that has to do with giving us raises I don't know.[huh]
He then had everyone mad at him since the remark and tone were unwarranted for the question and the hat was none other than "Remembrance" my 9/11 tribute hat, which was well received by my coworkers.

Sorry if I confuse anyone NOT the President of these United States, the president of the University that I work for.

indycop said:
Like an idiot I spent some of my day off going to work to hear the President tell us why we get no raises for at least the next 2 years. Well at some point early on he became obviously irritated that we were not accepting the (insert ugly word here) that we were being sold. I had been silent during the meeting and finally asked a simple question. He asked me if I had kids and then said I would do better for them if "Maybe you gave up that hat and Coke you would have more money"!:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:What that has to do with giving us raises I don't know.[huh]
He then had everyone mad at him since the remark and tone were unwarranted for the question and the hat was none other than "Remembrance" my 9/11 tribute hat, which was well received by my coworkers.

This guy is a jackass first class. :eusa_doh:
Maybe he should give up smoking dope so he could see exactly how you people felt about him. :rage:

Jerekson

One Too Many
indycop said:

President of what? I'm assuming police force?

Man, people like that make we want to bring a bag of bricks with me wherever I go.

metropd

One Too Many
indycop said:

:rage: :rage: :rage: President of the police union or United States?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
This guy is a jackass first class. :eusa_doh:
Maybe he should give up smoking dope so he could see exactly how you people felt about him. :rage:
He definitely knows now! We did not just roll over for him:D

Of course he was Mayor before coming here so he's a politician......

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I work for the state at a university so we answer to the president of the University, our Chief included. The state mandates that we will be there, of course the University doesn't want police until something bad happens.[huh] And they will have to lay people off due to budget cuts but can not touch us due to the Florida legislature saying so.:D

citRon

A-List Customer
indycop said:

Sorry if I confuse anyone NOT the President of these United States, the president of the University that I work for.

Hey! Are you sure we don't work for the same @-hole? We just had our 'informational' meeting from our FOP, telling us how we're getting stuck with a pitiful 4 year contract -2% raise and they DOUBLE our insurance premiums and raise all the co-pays. -All this because the city 'doesn't have any money'. -Well, not for public safety, but our mayor can spend $75,000 to remodel the kitchen in his office, have solid GRANITE curbs installed downtown 'cause they're pretty', and spend $65 MILLION building an arena for a basketball team we don't have!

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:

It would suck for him if you guys took your time responding to a problem he was having....lol :D

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Granite curbs

:eek:fftopic:
When I worked for NYC Parks Dept, they determined that granite curbs, which cost twice as much as concrete, lasted at least three times as long, thus being a good investment. But I agree the entire rest is horse hockey.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
citRon said:
Hey! Are you sure we don't work for the same @-hole? We just had our 'informational' meeting from our FOP, telling us how we're getting stuck with a pitiful 4 year contract -2% raise and they DOUBLE our insurance premiums and raise all the co-pays. -All this because the city 'doesn't have any money'. -Well, not for public safety, but our mayor can spend $75,000 to remodel the kitchen in his office, have solid GRANITE curbs installed downtown 'cause they're pretty', and spend $65 MILLION building an arena for a basketball team we don't have!
Exactly! Our big boss makes more than the U.S. president and whines oh poor me I don't get a raise either!:rage:
I did find out there has never been a bigger budget cut in Florida history, supposedly not even during the great depression....[huh] Makes ya wonder if the country is about to collapse with all the severe cuts going on.[huh]
He is going to lay full time people off but keep the 100,000 a year part timer:eek: :eusa_doh: :mad:

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
It would suck for him if you guys took your time responding to a problem he was having....lol :D
Don't think I was not already hearing talk about that, though that would go against everything we stand for...

One cool thing happened through it all though, Before when I wore my hats around the department for training or meetings it was the Indy song and comments. But when they saw the 9/11 hat and he said something people got mad!:D

citRon

A-List Customer
indycop said:
Exactly! Our big boss makes more than the U.S. president and whines oh poor me I don't get a raise either!:rage:
I did find out there has never been a bigger budget cut in Florida history, supposedly not even during the great depression....[huh] Makes ya wonder if the country is about to collapse with all the severe cuts going on.[huh]
He is going to lay full time people off but keep the 100,000 a year part timer:eek: :eusa_doh: :mad:

Well we're coming to 'Mickey Town' in June, and Florida will be getting about half of my annual salary for a week's worth of mouses and princesses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart