Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

freehandbash

New in Town
This is'nt really the dumbest comment I've heard lately but it was the sillyest,
Wife~"I thought you said you wer'nt gonna buy any more hats from E-bay till you sell the ones you've already got." She's soooo silly somtimes....

AntonAAK

Practically Family
I was walking down the road last Sunday on a hot, sunny afternoon wearing light cream trousers, white shirt, floral print tie and a blue and white striped blazer (similar to a striped seersucker but without the texture). This was all topped off with a panama.

Three kids of about 12 or 13 came towards me and as they passed one said 'Howdy pardner' and they all sniggered.

I'm not sure how I could have looked less like a cowboy. But I suppose I was wearing a hat...

MartyH

New in Town
AntonAAK said:
I'm not sure how I could have looked less like a cowboy. But I suppose I was wearing a hat...
"Why is uncle wearing a cowboy hat?" from my four-year-old niece (hence excused for two reasons), when I was wearing a fedora style Panama.

Any stiff hat with a brim is a cowboy hat, or a Mexican hat (as I wrote in an earlier post in this thread regarding the same Panama).

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Neophyte said:
He called you an "aussie" while wearing your Jaxon? That's wierd. I'd understand it if it were, say, like my Squatter, but the Jaxon?

I've been asked if I was, or have been called, an Aussie in terms ranging from curious to offensive wearing all manner of brimmed hats.

Wyrd

Familiar Face
Just been compared to woody from toy story 3 in my jaxon. wtf

I told him "well no.. becuase its a fedora" then walked off..

then when i was half way down the street and heard them quietly shouting "to infinity and beyond" wrong character idiots.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
lol lol lol :rage: lol lol lol lol :rage: lol

Nick D, I've also been compared to an Aussie. My Akubra Squatter has all the features of a fedora, but the wide brim and severe curl in back actually do make it look "of Australian origin".

fenris

One of the Regulars
Neophyte said:
Nick D, I've also been compared to an Aussie. My Akubra Squatter has all the features of a fedora, but the wide brim and severe curl in back actually do make it look "of Australian origin".

...plus it was made in Australia, but the people commenting do not know that. They were just being stupid. lol

To contribute to the thread, my nephew said that I have the same hat as Woody from Toy Story 3. Haha!

fenris said:
...plus it was made in Australia, but the people commenting do not know that. They were just being stupid. lol

To contribute to the thread, my nephew said that I have the same hat as Woody from Toy Story 3. Haha!

I actually have a couple of hats that would likely qualify---even though they are vintage Stetsons. Woody is kind of vintage so I can live wit that.
My son has a brown stetson with a stitched edge that looks like Woody's as well---even though it was likely made 50 years before Woody was a thoguht in someone's head. :D

Neophyte

fenris said:

Come to think of it, I guess those comments weren't dumb. I'm okay with them calling it an Aussie hat, because like it or not, Australia has style!

Richard Warren

Practically Family
Mav said:
Neo, I've gotten the Indy comment while wearing a cheap Bailey straw, navy blazer and a tie.
It can be summed up in "Mav's 1st Law of Humanity:"

People. Are. Stupid.

This article isn't completely on- topic, but it might make you feel better:
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/20/the-anosognosics-dilemma-1/?scp=2&sq=stupid&st=cse

The NYTimes never ceases to amuse. Here, Mr. Morris unwittingly demonstrates the phenomenon he is commenting upon. That is to say, we have someone who is too stupid to know he is stupid, commenting on the phenomenon of people who are too stupid to know they are stupid. The editors of course don't have a clue about any of it.

Neophyte

I got a comment today. I was wearing my Akubra Sydney at an angle. This is a standard practice, as far as I can tell, among hatwearers that want to display "attitude." Some fool ran up to me and told me that my hat was lopsided, as if I didn't notice that half the brim was covering my right eye. lol

So I told him that one of my ears is about an inch higher than the other, and thanked him for reminding me of my deformity (making sure to say it in a way that would make him feel guilty). He averted his eyes and left...

It's kinda funny though, because one of my ears IS higher than the other, but only by somewhere between 0.5-1.0 cm.lol

Mav

A-List Customer
Neophyte said:
So I told him that one of my ears is about an inch higher than the other, and thanked him for reminding me of my deformity (making sure to say it in a way that would make him feel guilty). He averted his eyes and left...
Excellent response. Next time that happens, see if you can make them apologize profusely and then offer you money.

Neophyte

Mav said:
Excellent response. Next time that happens, see if you can make them apologize profusely and then offer you money.

Murphy's Law:

"It is morally wrong to allow suckers to keep their money."

I have this poster in my dorm room, it's quite charming:

Murphy%27s-Law-Poster.jpg

Neophyte said:
Murphy's Law:

"It is morally wrong to allow suckers to keep their money."

I have this poster in my dorm room, it's quite charming:

Murphy%27s-Law-Poster.jpg

Never eat prunes when you are famished! lol lol lol
Stupid people who make stupid comments are certainly likely to run into a person wearing a hat when they are full of prunes. ;)
Friends and family come and go but idiots stick around to drag you down. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner