Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The FL Virus Strikes Lands End

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Interesting how they advertise the jacket as a two button but in the fotos it has three.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
LANDS END (AKA "SEARS") $$$

Just me BUT $295.00 it a little steep BUT it does have some period styling details!

Solid Citizen :rolleyes:

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
It seems that 1930's details are now "old world design"-at least according to the Land's End marketing dept. "Excuse me,where can I find the old world design section? Next to the Cod Pieces on aisle 3? Thank you..."

Nice jacket though a bit pricey.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
That's a sharp jacket...but I'm inclined to pick at it.

...did they mount it to a piece of plywood for that back shot? It's FLAT...I wonder why a model shot wasn't used? The armholes look quite large and there's hardly any contour through the midsection. I'd hate to spend more than $300 after shipping on a jacket to have to take it to a tailor to get it to fit properly...which I personally couldn't, because in Land's End's world, men aren't smaller than a 40, or bigger than a 48.

It's a very nice jacket, but for $300, I could get a very nice properly-fitting vintage suit.

...a good buy for a guy of 'modern average' size with extra dough to throw around.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I hear Youse

My only comment on Landsend is that the Irish Linen suits I bought from the overstocks were top class according to my tailor and my own fit and they have beautiful hangers that look after the suits. The quality of their service and postage is great for we overseas types. This jacket will be good if and when its reduced and there will be a few FLers buying 'em I bet! At USD300 I would suspect for Landsend that the quality will be good. I suspect the weak US dollar is pushing Landsend prices up.

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Elbow patches

Strangely, you don't often see suede elbow patches on original examples of this style of jacket, in the UK at least. Doesn't 'old world' still mean everything to the right hand side of the Atlantic Ocean?

Alan

Ecuador Jim

A-List Customer
Marc Chevalier said:
And husky ... and stout ... and rotund ... and ...

Reminds me of the old joke: "Where do you get virgin wool?" ..."From ugly sheep."

To be fair to Land's End; while their goods may be a bit expensive, their customer service is outstanding and they have a no-hassle return policy. A lot of companies claim that, but I've never had an issue with anything I've purchased from them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24