Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The third jacket I bought from Aero last week

majormajor

One Too Many
A lovely blanket lined Type 2 Levi Jacket. Made in the US from Japanese Denim.

Ken & I dug it out from the downstairs storeroom.

There really are lots of reasons for a trip to Galashiels:D

type2.jpg

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Great find. Congrats. I knew that you liked jean jackets without hand warmer pockets. ;)

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
My God, Major. I thought this was going to be a third leather.

I have an old tight-fitting Paul Smith denim. Rarely gets an airing (as it were), given how much leather I have to get through.

SJ

Edward

Bartender
A lovely blanket lined Type 2 Levi Jacket. Made in the US from Japanese Denim.

Ken & I dug it out from the downstairs storeroom.

There really are lots of reasons for a trip to Galashiels:D

type2.jpg

Nice jacket! I've had two denim 'trucker' jackets in my life. The first was a Dunnes Stores own brand - the modern Levis style, with the handwarmer pockets. Bought new in 1989, worn heavily until Mid 1998, when the cuffs started to fray. Not sure what I did with it thereafter... The second I bought in early 2005. It is one of those Levis Type 1 jackets with the very pointy pockets that were about at the time -

coloribus-integration-6013205.jpg

No idea from what period the design originates... back when I had the notion that it was a "fifties" thing, but I suspect not now... I've not worn it for years. Actually been recently considering parting with it. Hadn't really considered denim again, but that one is nice... If the right blanket lined jacket came along that would fit under my HWM...

Edward

Bartender
Edward, that jacket looks good on you!

Heh. I wish I had that guy's midriff!

Is it just me, or is that at least a size too large on that guy?:D

Looks big on the shoulders to me, but hard to tell without it fully fastened.

I'm still lost as to how it got labelled a Type I, as distinct from the LVC Type I. The advertising blurb from Levis at the time that stuff was current would have had you believe it was a reproduction of an older design, but I've never been able to find anything to support that. Maybe I just got the wrong end of the stick?

RegentSt1965

Familiar Face
Agree re 101J is king in strormrider and in regular. Original models too fitted for me ATM. The current archive 101's (Japanese denim ) seem a good/acceptable fit on me. The all Japanese 101s are much too trim on me though :(
Seems like my put-off trip to Galashields is getting more urgent now!

majormajor

One Too Many
Agree re 101J is king in strormrider and in regular. Original models too fitted for me ATM. The current archive 101's (Japanese denim ) seem a good/acceptable fit on me. The all Japanese 101s are much too trim on me though :(
Seems like my put-off trip to Galashields is getting more urgent now!

Here's my 60's 101J. A classic jacket (IMHO)........

lee101j2.jpg

The second I bought in early 2005. It is one of those Levis Type 1 jackets with the very pointy pockets that were about at the time -

No idea from what period the design originates... back when I had the notion that it was a "fifties" thing, but I suspect not now... I've not worn it for years. Actually been recently considering parting with it.

And here, Edward, is the "Type 1" that isn't.......

A very "in your face" design - HUGE buttons, huge label in the back, and far too long for a jean jacket - and absolutely nothing to do with a proper Type 1 Levi Jacket - but it does say "Type 1" on the label. Quite bizarre!:eeek:;)

fakelevitype1.jpg

majormajor

One Too Many
The Lee fits you, neither of the Levis do as well for different reasons... Nice jackets, though.

I agree with you re the fake "Type 1". But I love the fit of the Type II. It's still very stiff, so doesn't fall so well yet, but it will. And blanket lined always appears different to an almost shirt-like regular jean jacket. There's always a "bulk" about them. :D;)

Last edited:
Great photo - shows where the shoulder falls and suggests the typical lift at the back
To expect (not you, in general) the shoulders to fit everyone perfectly is ridiculous. Very few bodies are perfectly proportioned and will look like a mannequin...I think we get caught up looking to make our less than perfect selves perfect - and a jacket, no matter how good, isn't going to change that.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Hell, Butte, don't say that, I'm counting on this thing enhancing my looks. Otherwise, why am I currently sitting with a damp collar trying to get it to sit properly? :D;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21