This may have already been covered...

Discussion in 'The Moving Picture' started by Tamamiko, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Tamamiko

Tamamiko One of the Regulars

But I can be a lazy retch sometimes.

Movies that never should have been:

In current Hollywood trend, remakes and sequels seem to be the "it" choice. List movies you think should never grace the big screen. They can be movies that are already made or one's that are in progress. You can give reasons if you want but it's not a requirement. I'll start.

Speed Racer

2. Tomasso

Tomasso Incurably Addicted

So can I but I had a little energy today. ;) Here you go .

3. Tamamiko

Sanku.

4. K.D. Lightner

K.D. Lightner Call Me a Cab

There are so many films that should not have been made, I hardly know where to start.

Catwoman, for a recent example. Not a sequel, but bad, bad....

The sequel to Gone With the Wind, which I believe was a TV movie.

Godfather III, while not the most godawful film in the world, was so inferior to the first two Godfather movies, that it seems it would have been better not to be made.

No wonder Jody Foster refused to be involved in a sequel to Silence of the Lambs. Bad storyline.

These are some, for starters.

karol

5. Starius

Starius Practically Family

The only movie that I can honestly say without a doubt in my mind that it should never have been made is Highlander II.

Here are some elements taken from the wikipedia article on the film:

Let it die... no matter how you reshape a piece of crap... it's still a piece of crap.

6. Tamamiko

LOL

7. BegintheBeguine

BegintheBeguine My Mail is Forwarded Here

Kind of off-topic, or on another vein? but I preferred French Connection II to The French Connection. Other than that I can't recall any sequels or remakes I've seen. Oh, wait, I liked the first two A Star is Born movies.
    I'm actually surprised there hasn't been a Three's Company movie.

8. Doh!

Doh! One Too Many

Underdog immediately comes to mind. I weep thinking what Pixar could've done with the material.

I mean, how do you do a live action piece AND not have the main character speak in rhyme?

Or sound like Wally Cox??

9. CharlieH.

CharlieH. One Too Many

GAAAAH!!

Wait till ya see what they did to Alvin And The Chipmunks!

(And why is it that all current "comedy" movie posters have the title in big fat red letters??)

10. Starius

Starius Practically Family

I just saw the trailer for this when I went to see The Simpsons Movie. I heard groans from people in the theatre when it came on. But honestly, I thought the clip was cute and humorous. Looks better than the Garfield movie at any rate... I'm a fan of My Name is Earl and all, but I think I'm gonna get sick of Jason Lee what with this and Underdog coming out...

11. Lancealot

Lancealot Practically Family

AMEN

12. Earp

Earp One of the Regulars

Grease II and Battlefield Earth. They are truly to painful for me to watch. It hurts to even think about them. :confused:

13. GeniusInTheLamp

GeniusInTheLamp One of the Regulars

There are simply too many to mention, but I hope someone in Hollywood comes to their senses and tells the Farrelly Brothers that their Three Stooges movie is a terrible idea. To clarify, this isn't about a biopic about the boys (that's already been done for TV), but an attempt to bring the characters back (never a good idea when the actual Stooges are all dead).

14. Doh!

Doh! One Too Many

Wasn't Mel Gibson trying to do a Stooges movie a long time ago, with himself playing the Moe character? We now know that he can certainly play "mean" but what about "funny?"

15. Prairie Dog

Prairie Dog A-List Customer

Whaaat!! Grease 2!! That film is a cult classic.
    Michelle Pfeiffer was in Grease 2. It's never painful to watch Michelle Pfeiffer up on the screen. It was painful listening to her sing. Don't think anyone could sing in that movie.
    The only reason I was coaxed into seeing 'Hairspary' was that Pfeiffer was in it. It took her 25 years to be in another movie musical. And both her beauty and singing have improved with age!

16. Elaina

Elaina One Too Many

All my choices would have been covered, except Highlander: Endgame. The moment they killed off Conner, I walked out.

Alvin and the chipmunks...they made them Yoyo whatzzup characters and I won't be going. I loved them as a kid, and this...is wrong.

17. Lady Day

Lady Day I'll Lock Up Bartender

Okay, shoot me down, but I liked this movie. I think this one and Daredevil were just trashed but the directors versions of these movies are actually pretay gewd. Not like award worthy or anything, but come on.

Also, if they had plugged it as "A Catwoman" instead of "The Catwoman" (which will forever be Selina Kyle in whatever incarnation you make her), then I think the movie would have had better legs to stand on. Alright, Im done back to being on topic :eek:

LD

18. Lady Day

Lady Day I'll Lock Up Bartender

[​IMG]
    :confused:

I think I just threw up a little.

LD