Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thought I'd finally post a pic of this...

Estevan

One of the Regulars
Finally got around to taking some pictures of the great A-2 that I received about A YEAR AGO from my good pal Paddy. We had an arrangement where he would get to model a lovely mint B-10 and I would finally relieve him of his excess baggage (that being this great A-2 that I told him for 2 years was too small for him) Anyway nuff said, here are the pics. Please keep in mind this is a very strange maker, so strange they refused to put their name on it. Looks like a cross between an A-2 and a M-422a. Weird! It's 100% original and a redye/reissue. Very nice indeed.

CIMG6816.jpg

CIMG6825.jpg

CIMG6817.jpg

rumblefish

One Too Many
Thanks for the photos Steve! I'm always looking foward to seeing shots of A-2s.

Looks to be in great shape too.

I wish I had a pal like that.

Estevan

One of the Regulars
aswatland said:
Great jacket Steve. I do know who the maker was-any guesses?

Totally clueless...I have read quite a bit about the jacket, but I never heard of who the maker could be. My best guess would be a maker that was normally in the Navy jacket business as it looks like it's part M-422a. G&F maybe?

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Estevan said:
Totally clueless...I have read quite a bit about the jacket, but I never heard of who the maker could be. My best guess would be a maker that was normally in the Navy jacket business as it looks like it's part M-422a. G&F maybe?

You are on the right lines, Steve!

Estevan

One of the Regulars
aswatland said:
You are on the right lines, Steve!

Well, you got me stumped Andrew, if not G&F then I imagine by the thickness of the goat then maybe FO, but the typeface doesn't match neither does the Block nor W&G so then I guess I give up.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
According to John Chapman it was made by Fried Ostermann. John says only those two companies used early brass Talons (which also had the stoppers painted a shiny brown)-Monarch and Fried Ostermann.

Sly

New in Town
Estevan said:
We had an arrangement where he would get to model... and I would finally relieve him of his excess baggage

Yep, that explains it.

Estevan

One of the Regulars
aswatland said:
According to John Chapman it was made by Fried Ostermann. John says only those two companies used early brass Talons (which also had the stoppers painted a shiny brown)-Monarch and Fried Ostermann.

Thanks Andrew, the goat on the FO I owned was quite similar to this A-2. Very thick and of a higher quality. Now the typeface on the spec tag is very different. Dunno, just might be from them though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy