Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on doing a buckle cuff on a 30's Half Belt? Different collar sizes?

reeks1

One of the Regulars
Still waiting on my "fit jackets": one Sonoma; one 30's HB. Tomorrow is the day!!

In the meantime, I am obsessively pouring over pics and threads. Came across the sunburst half belt. While the design is too over the top for me, I really like the buckle and strap set up on the cuffs.

Has anyone ordered this mod on the standard HB? Would it work? Pics?

Also, maybe my eyes are deceiving me, but in some pics, the collar on the 30's HB looks smaller than in others. I'm really trying to avoid the jacket looking too Top Gun (although forum members are telling me it's not even close to that look. I'm trusting you:)), so i'm hoping that the collar isn't too large.

Again, your time and consideration are greatly appreciated.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend!!

Chris

The straps on the cuffs can be a cool option. Aero used to make a half belt called the Californian that had these. Also Goodwear's Ventura has them.

look for this thread: Californian-Aero-or-Good-Wear

If you like it, go for it, no harm in asking!

Last edited:

reeks1

One of the Regulars
And can Aero do away with the yoke across the back? Is this an essential style element for this jacket? I'm going for as "clean" a look as possible.

Thanks!!

Then order the Cossack instead of 30's HB. It's the same w/o the yoke. I think the throat latch is optional.

pauleway

Practically Family
And can Aero do away with the yoke across the back? Is this an essential style element for this jacket? I'm going for as "clean" a look as possible.

Thanks!!

I think I've seen some 30's HB from Insur./Thurst.?? that had no yoke in the back. I would not worry about the collar size, I thought they looked a little large when I saw them online, but when I finally saw one in the flesh, it was good. I would take Insur./Thurst. advise on mods - they will steer you in the right direction. Too many mods and Ken Calder will declare "No Soup for You - Two Years"!!:p:D

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The Cossack is an awesome simple designed HB option

I much prefer the leather lined button cuff that is used on the Cossack, Pioneer, 30's HB, and I am sure others. One of the concerns of the buckle cuff is the possibility of snagging on something. I dunno.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy