Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Twelve O'Clock High...

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
How many of you have enjoyed this film?
B00005PJ8V.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

It was one of those films that made me love the B-17 Bomber. Since I was a kid I've loved this film. Didn't get the message until I was an adult though. The visuals, the story and the characters were great.
Gregory_Peck.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Hondo

One Too Many
After many years I finally found this film in Closed Captioning for a hearing impaired friend, its an outstanding film on leadership, as a kid, I first saw the TV show with Robert Lansing, (I can still hear the announcer saying ?¢‚Ǩ?ìTwelve O?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢clock High a Quinn Martin production, staring?¢‚Ǩ¬¶.) it got me hook, line and sinker on the B17?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s, I was in love with these birds ever since. It was only later that I was aware of Gregory Peck?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s role, one of his finest acting roles as Brig. Gen. Frank Savage. Awesome! Amazon.com has some great reviews. Gregory Peck was a fine gentlemen and a great actor. He is dearly missed.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I especiall like Dean Jagger (who was in White Christmas) as Mjr. Harvey Stovall. I liked his response when asked if he was drunk.
"That is not why I am drunk tonight. I got drunk because I am confused. I was thinking, which is a thing a man should not do, and all at once I couldn't remember what any of them looked like. I, I couldn't see their faces, Bishop, Cobb, Wilson, Zimmy, all of them. All of you. They all looked alike, just one face. And it was very young. It confused me. I think I shall stay drunk until I'm not confused anymore."
dean-jagger-sm.jpg
dean_jagger.gif

Cheers!

Dan

nightandthecity

Practically Family
best WW2 movie ever. Knocked me out first time I saw it and every time since. One of the most gripping war films ever and there's absolutely no "action" till the very end. There's a message for today's film makers there.

Hondo

One Too Many
DanielJones said:
I especiall like Dean Jagger (who was in White Christmas) as Mjr. Harvey Stovall. I liked his response when asked if he was drunk.
"That is not why I am drunk tonight. I got drunk because I am confused. I was thinking, which is a thing a man should not do, and all at once I couldn't remember what any of them looked like. I, I couldn't see their faces, Bishop, Cobb, Wilson, Zimmy, all of them. All of you. They all looked alike, just one face. And it was very young. It confused me. I think I shall stay drunk until I'm not confused anymore."
Cheers!

Dan

I keep trying to memorize this line, its so cool, and calm, Dean Jagger was also a fine actor as well. I tip my hat to you sir, :cheers1:

nightandthecity said:
best WW2 movie ever. Knocked me out first time I saw it and every time since. One of the most gripping war films ever and there's absolutely no "action" till the very end. There's a message for today's film makers there.

Right on the nail, gripping from beginning "Don't sit under the apple tree with any one else but me..." to the end, when Savage couldn't pull himself up into the plane, really burn't or stressed out, strong stuff.

BTW: If anyone ever gets chance to ride in a B17, try pulling your self in, its tough, pilots were even harder, but went to the side hatch and needed help (push my butt in) Thanks guys Cheers to all :cheers1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80