Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Enfield

Here's some pics of new Enfield. Terrible weather outside..so had to rely on inferior inside lighting. In person the black steer shows an abundance of grain. The jacket is quite heavy and very well made rivaling..or surpassing other top jacket manufactures IMO. Sitting on the bike..it seems nicely tailored for riding. Doesn't ride up in back or much in sleeves when reaching for handlebars. Not stiff or binding..but with a crisp hand and very comfortable to wear. In my view....also conservative enough for streetwear as well. This may very well be a go to jacket much of the time.
HD

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

Peacoat

Bartender
Good looking jacket, HD. Thanks for post the pics. It will be at least another month before mine gets here. Until then, I have more than enough that I can wear!

OneEyeMan

Practically Family
Killer jacket HD:eusa_clap
Fit is spot on too.
If I recall, you're a 40 just like me, right.
Is the Enfield a 40?
I own a Vanson CSRX, and I gotta say, its quality is the equal or better of some of the really expensive jackets I've seen.
Thick supple leather, perfect stitches, lining fits perfectly, zippers are well positioned and nicely sewn in and on and on.
Vanson really is a jewel right here in the Northeast US!
Lenny

OneEyeMan said:
Killer jacket HD:eusa_clap
Fit is spot on too.
If I recall, you're a 40 just like me, right.
Is the Enfield a 40?
I own a Vanson CSRX, and I gotta say, its quality is the equal or better of some of the really expensive jackets I've seen.
Thick supple leather, perfect stitches, lining fits perfectly, zippers are well positioned and nicely sewn in and on and on.
Vanson really is a jewel right here in the Northeast US!
Lenny

Lenny
I went up a size to 42 rather than my normal 40.
After wearing this jacket for a couple days...I must say that it is nearing favorite jacket status. Even over all my Aero's and MC jackets. It is hefty in the hand..yet very comfortable to wear. It is tailored very well and especially so for MC riding. The hide is exceptional,too,which could have been better realized with natural lighting if the weather had been better....
HD

advpampas

New in Town
Vanson jackets

Hi. I have two Vanson jackets with competition weight cowhide. Quality is equal or better than other high-quality jackets I have seen, including an HH Aero, but Vanson's prices are lower. It is true that the sizing of Vanson runs a little small, but at least this is a systematic trend, and there are no problems from erratic factory mistakes during customization (and excessive delay). I am planning to buy a third one.

Victor

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
Great looking jacket, HD. I have three Vansons myself and have always loved their gear.

Strange that you sized up? I'm a natural size 42 but I usually size down to a size 40 for OTR jackets. My Vansons are OTR and at size 40 they fit very well; my only complaint would be that the torso could be about an inch longer in the back. Your jacket looks like a great fit in every way.

South

One of the Regulars
HD,

That's fabulous and the fit looks spot on. I've had one on order, too, and hope to have it soon. I had never seen one actually being worn, so I'm even more looking forward to getting mine. Hope mine fits as well as yours.

Thanks for posting.

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Van,

Congrats on the new jacket! It looks fantastic! I have been looking forward to some pics of this one. The fit looks great, and the leather looks rich and beautifully grained. I'm glad this worked out so well for you.

My wife may kill me, but I eventually want to get an Enfield in Vanson's "Octagon" color competition weight cowhide. The color is kind of a saddle tan. It'll have to be a pretty long while though (I've got an Aero coming in a month or so).

South

One of the Regulars
jimmer_5 said:
Van,

Congrats on the new jacket! It looks fantastic! I have been looking forward to some pics of this one. The fit looks great, and the leather looks rich and beautifully grained. I'm glad this worked out so well for you.

My wife may kill me, but I eventually want to get an Enfield in Vanson's "Octagon" color competition weight cowhide. The color is kind of a saddle tan. It'll have to be a pretty long while though (I've got an Aero coming in a month or so).

jimmer - can you elaborate on this "Octagon" version?

Thanks

jimmer_5

Practically Family
South said:
jimmer - can you elaborate on this "Octagon" version?

Thanks

HD, I'm sorry if I'm derailing your thread here!

South - "Octagon" is just the name of the leather color. If you look on the Vanson website they have a page that shows a bunch of different colors of leather. Octagon is a saddle tan color that Vanson offers. I'm not sure if it costs more to order a jacket in a color other than black. I'm pretty sure their jackets are largely made to order, so it might be a no cost option, but you never know with these things.

Here are a few pics of the Enfield in "Octagon" Tan The first two are from an eBay auction that I wanted to bid on but it ended up finishing higher than the price of a new one. The others are from a google search. There seems to be some level of variation in the color:

VansonEnfieldOctagonTan01.jpg

VansonEnfieldOctagonTan05.jpg

ph00.jpg

ph04.jpg

jack miranda

A-List Customer
HD: Nice jacket! I've watched Vanson out of the corner of my eye

for several years, wondering about the leather, the quality, the fit. It's good to get a report from someone who knows their jackets. I've long thought the Model J an elegant piece of work. Your good report here leans me in the direction of a serious hunt for one. Thanks for the review and the pics.

South

One of the Regulars
HoosierDaddy said:
Certainly no derail to me,Gentlemen.
Any good shots of the Enfield are most welcome...in my view.
We are still recovering from an ice storm here in Indiana..thus my poor photos.
HD

Well, I'm really looking forward to getting mine, after seeing your pictures.

South

One of the Regulars
I don't know about the actual ones that jimmer posted, but I called Vanson this morning to ask about the Octagon. He said it's a competition-weight steerhide, but in the tan color.

They only had a size 46 in stock and he said it could be 2-6 months before they made any more. I don't care for the color in the first two pictures, myself (too tan), but would be interested in a darker, richer brown. He said it's a "reddish-brown", so maybe the 3rd and 4th pictures are a little closer to the actual color.

I would love to get an Enfield in a brown, such as Aero produces for their Highwayman. I'm looking forward to getting the black one.

South said:
I don't know about the actual ones that jimmer posted, but I called Vanson this morning to ask about the Octagon. He said it's a competition-weight steerhide, but in the tan color.

They only had a size 46 in stock and he said it could be 2-6 months before they made any more. I don't care for the color in the first two pictures, myself (too tan), but would be interested in a darker, richer brown. He said it's a "reddish-brown", so maybe the 3rd and 4th pictures are a little closer to the actual color.

I would love to get an Enfield in a brown, such as Aero produces for their Highwayman. I'm looking forward to getting the black one.

Then I stand corrected. They must make the "steer" in colors besides black as well. Didn't know that!
The browner HH Enfield that I once had wasn't as dark or chocolately as Aero's brown...but more of an antiqued or burnished true brown..if that makes sense. No reddishness to it either...but medium to lighter shades of brown. Really quite a nice color.
I picked this black Enfield up off of ebay. I had been watching for one for quite some time. It was so new that there were no sleeve creases when it arrived and was fortunate to save some $$ compared to a new one...but it was a long wait since my first one "disappeared".
HD

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Great jacket HD!

That's a pretty one... possibly one of the best looking, best fitting jackets I have seen. I really like the clean lines and the way that, unlike the Highwayman, the Enfield doesn't have that belt like band of leather at the bottom. It's all one piece.

CodeRed

One of the Regulars
I have a brown enfield in HH that i bought about 10 yrs ago, the jacket will definitely out live me...very sturdy is an understatement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner