Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Raid jacket purchase

GraceNote13

One of the Regulars
Hi Everyone, I bought a Vanson Raid on Ebay for $199.00. It looks like it's been worn very little. I couldn't pass it up at that price, I guess these were made for the German market from what little info I found online. I'm so excited with the buy I had to share it here.

Heavy Weight Leather
Pockets everywhere, even a leather lined gun pocket.
Zip Sleeves

s-l1600-2.jpg
s-l1600-5.jpg
s-l1600-6.jpg

That's how much I got my Vanson House jacket for. I remember thinking when I placed a bid how I could always sell it for a small profit if the size won't work, and now I don't think I could ever part with it. This and Mod. A, best jackets I've ever had, hands down. Vanson gets to you that way. I only wish they'd break in a bit faster 'cause the leather Vanson's using is indestructible.
Anyhow, looks like a fantastic MC jacket, the Raid - and yeah, it was an absolute steal at that price.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I lurked that jacket on ebay quite a bit. I think it was the same one. If so, your pics make the jacket look better than the listing! Congrats. Billy Idol approved...

philosophy101

A-List Customer
Hi Everyone, I bought a Vanson Raid on Ebay for $199.00. It looks like it's been worn very little. I couldn't pass it up at that price, I guess these were made for the German market from what little info I found online. I'm so excited with the buy I had to share it here.

Heavy Weight Leather
Pockets everywhere, even a leather lined gun pocket.
Zip Sleeves

View attachment 39750 View attachment 39751 View attachment 39752
Really nice jacket. I was out at the Vanson factory last year and tried on one of these. (Almost bought it, but ended up getting something custom instead.) They had a few left over in stock, but they only make them on a special order basis nowadays. I recall that the ones they had were called "Raider," but they also told me there had been a "Raid" which I think they had made for the Japanese market (slimmer fit, and Raid has the gusseted shoulders, which the Raider lacks). You got a great deal on an awesome jacket!

GraceNote13

One of the Regulars
According to USPS it's due for delivery on Monday, fingers crossed on fit. Nick123, the pictures I posted are off the ebay posting I'm hoping the jacket looks as good when I get it.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Great work! There are a few Vanson jackets that really catch my eye, that's one of them. I like hearing feel good EBay stories...I've had my fair share of nightmares there!

mendelboaz

One Too Many
That is a cracking jacket. Vanson really makes an incredible jacket, at a price that you can't beat. Their competition weight leather is amazing and virtually indestructible; my Comet is still going strong and resisting my attempts to break it in some. Enjoy, and wear it in good health.

GraceNote13

One of the Regulars
Just got jacket, what do you guy's think of the fit?. I couldn't be happier, the leather is unbelievable broken in and soft but still typical Vanson's bullet proof thick. Not sure how the previous owner broke it in because it really doesn't show any signs of wear. I love the grain that's developed on it, tons of character.

Interesting enough it has a throat latch that buttons under the collar, instead of being sewn on one side like my Aero's. It's has two buttons so you can remove it entirely and not have the bulky feel under the collar like on my older 1930's HB.

IMG_0150.jpg
IMG_0177.jpg
IMG_0179.jpg

philosophy101

A-List Customer
The fit looks spot on perfect! You couldn't have done better if it had been custom made for you. Regarding break-in, they used a different leather for this model than they do for their MC jackets. Thick, but softer, no break-in required. I believe it's called Firenze leather. I have dark blue Vanson made of this stuff. Wonderful. Enjoy your super find!

GraceNote13

One of the Regulars
That would explain it, I haven't compared it to my other Vanson's yet directly. I have an Ike from about 15 years ago that was softer than my Comet but still the same thickness. I wonder if like Aero's FQHH some hides are softer than others.

GraceNote13

One of the Regulars
The fit looks spot on perfect! You couldn't have done better if it had been custom made for you. Regarding break-in, they used a different leather for this model than they do for their MC jackets. Thick, but softer, no break-in required. I believe it's called Firenze leather. I have dark blue Vanson made of this stuff. Wonderful. Enjoy your super find!
I compared it to my Vanson Comet and Manx it's the same thickness. I don't believe this is the medium weight leather they use in the Arrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR