Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Very early 1928 MC jacket for sale

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date
If I remember my Beck info correctly....The Beck label couldn't be before the '30s...but the epaulet bars strongly suggest a 1950s Beck(could have been added). The liner is either a replacement with the original tag sewn back on...or 1950s lining..but doesn't seem to match the wear on the jacket. My recollection is that the early Beck D pockets also had a bell or fan shaped Talon on the D pocket zip(with the leather pull attached). However some of these vintage jackets can be difficult to date..especially when some things have been updated or added. It looks closer to a '50s jacket to me. It is in very nice condition,though.
HD

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Better Then Described

What!!! Inaccurate description on an Ebay auction? Heaven forfend!
I hate when sellers do that! Don't know about the rest of you, but my favorite eBay feed back is when a buyer simply writes, "Better then described!" Always makes me fill good, even if I lost a few Bucks in the deal, by not over describing or miss representing the item!

andy richards

Practically Family
Nice jacket, looks good, but I am surprised how easy people make a bid of $ 1500 or more to commit to buy something without any proof...

Cheers,
Andy

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
The inaccurate description wouldn't have put off serious bidders. It's obvious to those who admire and collect these jackets exactly what this is and it's age.

The first paragraph in the description is nonsense but at least the seller does give good details on the condition and some measurements to attain the size as well as a dozen pictures. It made good money, wonder if it's heading to Japan?

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
That's certainly a very early MC jacket, but the label still clearly dates the jacket to well after '28. Note the monoplane and motorcycle; the plane looks like late 30s racer and the motorcycle looks like a track bike from the same period. If I had to hazard a guess I'd say that's a really nice 40s D-pocket jacket. As for price, lets just say I bought an original 40s horsehide Schott 118 (like Brando's in The Wild One) for about an eighth of what this one sold for . . .

Picture1-9.png

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
It dates from the late 1940's and that label is made of silk. Beck Northeaster jackets are super collectable.

Do think more so than old Buco D-pockets? Becks are certainly not as common other labels, but than, commonality has very little to do with anything if a collector market is hot. Over $3K just seems high to me because I see 40s Buco jackets selling for under $1500 (and sometime for only few hundred) all the time online and at shows.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80