Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Victorian Sweeney Todd bathing costume

Edward

Bartender
I'm off to a seaside-themed burlesque night at the CandyBox in Brum next month, and I would like to wear a costume the same as Johnny Depp does in the "By The Sea" sequence in Sweeney Todd:

sweeney1yj0.jpg

Any advice on where to look? I'm not able to make this myself, so I'd need to be able to buy it. Unfortunatley, so far a google search is pulling up a blank....

Help!

Edward

Bartender
I wish I could just donload one onto me (hey, if I was an avatar, I could download a better figure too.... ) :p

The avatar picture though is another useful visual representation of what I'm after, so it all helps. :)

I did have a hunt for a union suit, figuring I could cut the legs and arms short, but I can't find a B&W stripey one. Still on the hunt!

sixsexsix

Practically Family
you could buy the fabric and take the picture in to a seamstress to have it made. if it is only for costume purposes i doubt it would be very expensive

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Edward said:
I did have a hunt for a union suit, figuring I could cut the legs and arms short, but I can't find a B&W stripey one. Still on the hunt!

Since you've got a bit of time...what about a white union suit and some black fabric paint and do it yourself? Just a thought.

Edward

Bartender
Yeah, I have thought of that with the white union suit - that's my fallback if I've not found something else by early August (even is on the 31st).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran