Vintage Christmas Tree

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by Serena, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Serena

Serena New in Town

Our family's Christmas tree.

[​IMG]

The tree itself was bought for my Mother's first Christmas in 1937 along with the celluloid strawberry (below). Sadly the rest of the original ornaments have been lost or brioken. Most of the other ornaments are from the 1950s - present day.

[​IMG]

It amazes me to think that they made Christmas ornaments from celluloid to put on trees along with real candles [huh]

2. ScionPI2005

ScionPI2005 Call Me a Cab

That's a neat looking tree. Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

3. Forgotten Man

Forgotten Man One Too Many

Picked up a silver tip at a lot last week, it's the best type for 20s-40s period. I put my grandmother's 40s ornaments on it, with a strand of 40s Christmas lamps... and my grandmother's glass bead chains. I'll snap a shot later and will post it, it will be after Christmas but, it will be before the end of the year!

4. Warbaby

Warbaby One Too Many

Finally remembered to snap a couple of photos of our tree before it comes down tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One strand of colored lights down the trunk, white lights everywhere else. No plain balls this year - just the "good" ornaments - vintgage, hand-made and fancies. The silver dangle thingies are reproductions of Victorian tin icicles.

5. Serena

Serena New in Town

Your tree looks beautiful Warbaby, the reproduction icicles look great :)

6. buddy5909

buddy5909 One of the Regulars

Love them - gives me great ideas for next year :)