Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage "Eddie Bauer"

Hello loungers,I have been looking at some of the older USA made Eddie Bauer goose down jackets on ebay,some great buys on many really nice jackets.Just bought a nice goose down jacket with mouton collar for 49.99..why buy new!!

budrichard

Familiar Face
Congrats on your jacket! Pics?
I collect vintage Eddie Bauer and by vintage, I mean 'Made in the USA' only.
I've worn an original Eddie Bauer Kara red Koram parka since the 1970's in all kinds of weather, slept in it, ice fished, hunted, you name it. Eddie Bauer rebuilt it twice. It's retired now and I found another new one to replace it on eBay. Not the recent reissue which has changed the neck closure but an original. The return of the Kara Koram was a mistake with the non-original closure.
Only problem with vintage is you have to be sure that there is no musty odor and be meticulous in assuring the condition of the garment.
The original 'Polar Parka' with coyote ruff is about the warmest thing one can wear and its tuff. It was used on the Alaska Pipeline work and it's design can still be had from a Canadian manufacturer.-Dick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran