Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Western shirt

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Even though I don't wear western type clothes, I couldn't resist buying this today. I saw it at a thrift shop and it reminded me of all the old westerns I watched growing up. It doesn't look like it was worn very much. Does anyone here wear this type of western shirts??

It fit me perfectly,but I will probably have to wait until someone I know throws a "western" party to wear it.

fedoralover

DSCN0637.jpg

DSCN0636.jpg

DSCN0638.jpg

Tyler Lange

New in Town
I for one think it's gorgeous, but I personally think the bib-fronted shirts really should only be worn half buttoned with the un-buttoned side hanging down over the front of the shirt, just like the cavalry folks in those old westerns used to do!

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I agree, I've seen them like that many times in the movies and thought they didn't look half bad. I buttoned it all the way up just to photograph it. Interestingly enough, I did a search on ebay for vintage bib western shirts and they are pretty rare. I may get this one cleaned and see if anyone is interested in buying it. It's in great shape wear wise, but there is one spot on the bib which you can see. It may come out, but if not it would not show if worn half buttoned. Also in researching the label I found that the company is still in business.

fedoralover

Last edited:

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Rockmount Ranchwear still thrives in Denver. I emailed them a pic of the shirt and it's not as old as I thought. They identified it as Late 60s the oldest it could be.

fedoralover

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails