Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Waiting for Classic Style Magazine

Flying Scotsman

One of the Regulars
The new Classic Style is here! The new Classic Style is here!

VERY nicely done...congratulations to you on a great start to a promising new magazine. I look forward to perusing it this evening, and to receiving each new issue.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
"Classic Style" @ Barnes & Noble

WELL, "Classic Style" HAS arrived @ Barnes & Noble. Nice magazine that IS different from other mens publications. Enjoyed MK's opening statment & his new custom suit. Look forward to future issues.

SC :D

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
I checked the local B&N yesterday, but no luck. The local store says that they usually get the majority of shipments on Mon/Tues, so it looks like it will be an anxious weekend for me! (I think that I'll stop in tomorrow just to check anyway.)

ENfield3-8303

Familiar Face
I stopped in at Barnes&Nobles this morning and asked about Classic style (again), I was informed that the Camp Hill PA branch would not be stocking the magazine. Looks like I'll be needing to suscribe.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ENfield3-8303 said:
I stopped in at Barnes&Nobles this morning and asked about Classic style (again), I was informed that the Camp Hill PA branch would not be stocking the magazine. Looks like I'll be needing to suscribe.

What does that say about Camp Hill's sense of style? Is it that they need the room for Monster Truck Quarterly? :D

I'm just kidding of course.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
B & N NO Mag???

Sintra Style :( & Enfield :( ,

Hope you get your "Classic Style" issues soon. My local B & N has a HUGE mag selection which the chain does not have in all its stores. The lady who does the mag stocking at my B & N said its a demographic thing, why some stores have an overall larger mag selection & stock this or that title. [huh]

SC :rolleyes:

MissHuff

A-List Customer
I've been checking in on both B&N and Borders here and no luck yet. My bf told me to just subscribe, which I inend to do but I just want to be able to go to the store and pick it up in person as well lol.

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
Solid Citizen said:
Sintra Style :( & Enfield :( ,

Hope you get your "Classic Style" issues soon. My local B & N has a HUGE mag selection which the chain does not have in all its stores. The lady who does the mag stocking at my B & N said its a demographic thing, why some stores have an overall larger mag selection & stock this or that title. [huh]

I'm crossing my fingers and plan to check in again on Monday. If it's not there I guess I'll wait another week. The Classic Style website originally said that it should be in B&N stores by the week of 1/28. West Michigan tends to be a little behind the curve, so I'm still hopeful.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Another B & N Wiht "Classic Style"

John,

This is good news & even better that you bought several copies for friends to spread the good vintage news. IMO MK's new suit was the high point article of the 1st issue. To have that vintage pic of his tailor standing next to Robert Mitchum. ZOWIE !!! :eusa_clap

SC :D

CS- First Contact

Solid Citizen said:
John, This is good news & even better that you bought several copies for friends to spread the good vintage news. SC :D
I subscibed,
gave a subscription as a Xmas gift,
sent a copy to a friend back east,
gave a copy to a friend at work,
gave a copy to another friend at work,
and I have at least 2 other people I will be giving copies to this week.

I liked it and have had positive reactions from all of the recipients. It shows the need is there, just gotta get the word and magazine out there.

Best wishes!

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Anywhere in Norcal that we can get it?

John in Covina said:
I subscibed,
gave a subscription as a Xmas gift,
sent a copy to a friend back east,
gave a copy to a friend at work,
gave a copy to another friend at work,
and I have at least 2 other people I will be giving copies to this week.

I liked it and have had positive reactions from all of the recipients. It shows the need is there, just gotta get the word and magazine out there.

Best wishes!

Folks,

Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Northern California where you can get a copy?

Jon

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Classic Style Mag - A True Classic

I received my copy today, and couldn't be more impressed. A fantastic publication that I will definitely be submitting a subscription for.

Fantastic work, MK, Bravo!!!

Barry

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
FedoraGent said:
Folks,

Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Northern California where you can get a copy?

Jon

Start calling the local B&N and Borders. Even if they don't carry it now, with enough asking, they will and that's good for MK & the Lounge.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
IMO B & N

IMO Barnes & Noble would be the best bet since MK indicated
that was where it should be nationwide. IF your B & N doesn't
have it see if they can get it for YOU. Remember this is a 4 issues
a year publication.

PS In reality I like Borders better than B & N , but their
mag slelction is very WEAK :rage:

spiridon

A-List Customer
I was finally able to pick up a copy at my local B&N today........nice job guys!!!!

I have a question though....(if this has already been asked & answered, my apologies.)....on page 47, last picture on the bottom from Seabiscuit I believe.....are all the bows on the "wrong" side of the hats?? ....or is this some "photo trickery"?;) :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav