Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Waiting for Classic Style Magazine

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I saw a whole stack at my local B&N! I was tempted to put a copy in front of each of the trashy men's magazines, like I used to put feminist magazines in front of stuff like Marie Claire when I was in 8th grade. But I held back! Wouldn't want to make the place a nightmare to clean up for the employees.

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
pigeon toe said:
I saw a whole stack at my local B&N!

A WHOLE STACK?!?!! I'm so jealous. I think that I have checked every magazine stand and book store in West Michigan and have yet to find a single copy. According to a post by MK a while back, all B&N stores that will be carrying the magazine should have it by this week. My fingers are crossed.

Ploy

pigeon toe said:
I saw a whole stack at my local B&N! I was tempted to put a copy in front of each of the trashy men's magazines, like I used to put feminist magazines in front of stuff like Marie Claire when I was in 8th grade. But I held back! Wouldn't want to make the place a nightmare to clean up for the employees.
I say "Go for it!" The help gets paid the same to straighten up stuff, assist customers or stand around and do nothing. You'll be helping people become aware of the magazine and the help will recognize it too!

There have been many worse marketing ploys!

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
It feels like Christmas!!!

Classic Style has finally arrived in Michigan, as has more snow. We have a new thick white blanket on the ground, unlike the thin layer of frost that greeted us on Christmas morning...anyway, back on topic...CLASSIC STYLE IS HERE!!!

I called the local B&N during lunch yesterday and was told that the magazine had just arrived. I rushed to the store and got my very own copy. I would have posted the news yesterday, but I was too busy reading! Wow, imagine that, something pulled me away from the Lounge. (On a side note, I was reading in bed when my wife came in and asked what I was reading. I showed her the cover and she rolled here eyes lol . I know what she was thinking, "Oh great, encouragement." She loves me :) .

Great Job, MK. I think that you have found a niche that has gone unfilled until now. It is great to see a true "Style" magazine on the stand next to all of the men's "fashion" magazines.

Thank you

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I saw a copy at my local B&N. It was the last copy, so I'm guessing the others have been sold. I ended up buying it because the pics in the back were different than the ones in the back of the copies we got at the QM. The B&N one had pics from this last QM. So I had to have a copy of each of the premiere issues as a keepsake.

JeffOYB

Vendor
What someone posted here made me think of something... "CS" is the kind of unique, rare bird that I admire. It's both a niche mag and a general interest mag. Not many can pull that off.

See, what it can do is it can sit next to "GQ" at the newstand and offer something special that can help uplift anyone's fashion/style scene. Yet it also is an HQ for historic buffs of Golden Era culture. How often do history buffs get a chance to contribute to today's street/pop culture?

I think it should happen more often. The eras need to be connected together, so the best isn't lost.

"CS" can hold its own with the rest of the fashion mags...and offer something extra, with richness and substance. The others have their place. (I enjoyed an issue of "Intersection" recently.) "CS" simply has a unique "connector" contribution to make.

Best wishes!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
John in Covina said:
I say "Go for it!" The help gets paid the same to straighten up stuff, assist customers or stand around and do nothing. You'll be helping people become aware of the magazine and the help will recognize it too!

There have been many worse marketing ploys!

Hahah, maybe I will now! That magazine has changed my boyfriend's life! Even though he was already dressing rockabilly/vintage before hand, he has gotten into it so much more now. I never have to ask him to "look nice" for me anymore, he just does it on his own.

Thank you Classic Style! ;)

MissHuff

A-List Customer
Finally got my copy of CS at my local B&N. I almost missed it hidden in the bottom rack behind the other magazines. and by behind the others, I mean literally behind them all. The only reason I found it was because 1. I have been on the hunt for it for weeks and I also do too much wordsearch for my own good and 2. the premiere issue tag at the top was the only thing that showed up and I went for a look-see. S.O. is very excited I got the magazine and can't wait to read it after I'm done with it.... the classic itch is starting to creep up his back.. soon he'll be joining the lounge at work where I won't notice right away.... eeeeeeexxxcellent. lol lol

Pigeon toe, go right ahead and do some rearranging, I did. It makes for a better looking magazine rack anyway. I put them on the top shelf in the front row. I also fanned them out so that part of the C and Wint were visible on every one. (yes I'm that anal) Just in case anyone needed any decorating suggestions ;) Also threw one on the front "what's new" rack. :D

and one final note: MK, why wouldn't anyone want to dress like K-Fed?? I think you could rock the unshaven, undershirt, baggy shorts and baseball cap look Reeeeeaaaaally nice. :D lol lol lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21