Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WANTED 1960's brass Lightning zip

chamboid

One of the Regulars
I am trying to restore a 60's Sammy Miller Belstaff and want to crown it off with the proper Lighting Zip. These are proving very hard to find, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

robrinay

One Too Many
I am trying to restore a 60's Sammy Miller Belstaff and want to crown it off with the proper Lighting Zip. These are proving very hard to find, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
I've got what I believe to be 1940s Lightning zip. I found a picture of an identical one on the Lewis Leathers site - oddly enough attached to one of their 40s jackets 'the countryman'. Not correct for your Belstaff sadly and probably worth lots more than a 60s Lightning. Have you thought of looking on eBay for a lesser value jacket with the correct zip to use as a donor? There are a couple of lightning zips on eBay UK at the moment - in Militaria - one is marked Air Ministry neither looks to be separable though.

Last edited:

chamboid

One of the Regulars
I have searched quite extensively, but they are hard to find. The 40's and early 60's aren't too different with the arched zipper pull. Those are easy enough to find on destroyed old duffle bags, but really want the marked zipper stop too.

technovox

One Too Many
I have a vintage Lightning main zip, but in nickel...And it's attached to a Shields jacket.
If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to sell it at cost of the price of the jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner