Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

We're different

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
We are! We are the different people. The outcasts, the oddballs, dweebs dorks, geeks, nerds. I wear a hat in public and do it because it's cool. I like the suit and tie... James Stewart can't be wrong. I don't feel it's a costume because it's me and I get compliments on it all the time. I don't live in the past I live in the now and I need the slim phone that doesn't make a bulge in my outfit. My clothes are mussed up by time and I want that flaire Doctor Who has. It's style and loungers have it in spades. It's the reason we all congregate here. Where else can you go dressed as Sam Spade and meet other people who want the same romance out of life. I feel like people want that romance sucked out by mediocratizing those who still do dress for occasions. Like in my loss of occasion thread, we buck the trend and push the idea that there is still feeling. I love to wear my suit to a ballgame.. I live to wear my vest when swing dancing. I take my hat off to a lady and get looked at by the guy with no hat and Know he's thinking I'm a wierdo and I love that. I am the wierdo. I dare to be different and help others to be different too. We collect crazy things like toasters that force you to flip the toast if you want both sides finished. We drive cars that take more gas than SUV's. Anywho... we wear the costumes in life and get noticed. Never be afraid to not be the background.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Being different wasn't cool a hundred years ago. Just look at what they did to the witches.

Burn the hat wearer on a stake!

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
I believe everyone is different. There is not one single person on Earth that looks a like, dresses a like, has every single interest and opinion. Not even twins are the same in many ways. Everyone is different somehow whether we like it or not.

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Not different enough...

Looking at it from an optimistic view, it's a great thing that everyone else is fairly homogeneic because it makes me seem just that much better:)

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Matt Deckard said:
We are! We are the different people. The outcasts, the oddballs, dweebs dorks, geeks, nerds.

I gotta confess, Matt, I do not think of myself as a dork.
I have not met you, but I doubt you are a dork either.
I've met dorks ... they play a lot of D&D. I haven't played since 1985. They are often also lacking in female companionship. Hasn't been a problem for me since I stopped playing D&D.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Therein lies the pittfall of not labeling. There's no fun in no labels. No spice. No messyness. An anesthatized white washed bland on bland world... I guess I just labeled that world. Shoot I can't getaway from labels. They are what make us different
Don't be such a fuddy-duddy Doran.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Maybe we should stop analysing things ...well besides armholes and cuts of suits that is...and leave the social analysis up to others.

Certainly easier then the constant go round of defining 'us' and then trying to compare the mytical 'us' to an even more mythical 'them'.

Well unless a sociology or cultural anthro student is here and wants to write a paper on it. lol

In groups and out groups, if your group is big enough it is an in group.

Yes we are all individuals,but what is important is not only how you see yourself or how you believe you are perceived by others BUT How You Treat Others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou