Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

John J

Familiar Face
Typical fall office attire (for me)

Khaki (cotton) pants , Chocolate brown button down shirt with button down collar with tan and stone small windowpane plaid, Brown suede wingtip oxfords , Dark Olive brown with burgundy /tan windowpane English hacking jacket, Pecan beaver Art Fawcett hat.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
My son Daniel's first vintage suit, late 1930s. A perfect fit. The blue shirt is modern, all else is vintage. He got a p/t job this summer, and every paycheck he sends a pmt to our vintage dealer towards his layaway items. He has one more pmt to pay off the vintage fedora he bought to go with this.

He first wore this to H.S. a week or two ago (he's now a Senior), for "Well Dressed Wednesday", that he and some pals started at their school.

View attachment 5065

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
WoW! What a dashing young man to fill that beautiful suit, great to see. Well dressed wednesday sounds like fun, if only I had that idea when I was in school

brendond

New in Town
My son Daniel's first vintage suit, late 1930s. A perfect fit. The blue shirt is modern, all else is vintage. He got a p/t job this summer, and every paycheck he sends a pmt to our vintage dealer towards his layaway items. He has one more pmt to pay off the vintage fedora he bought to go with this.

He first wore this to H.S. a week or two ago (he's now a Senior), for "Well Dressed Wednesday", that he and some pals started at their school.

View attachment 5065

Wow cc your son is so good looking and that suits a perfect fit. wish i had dressed that good at his age . Did your son pic that suit out if so hes got an amazing eye . I take it he wore it with braces.

FaceOfBoh

New in Town
First post here. :D

I pulled out my grandfather's old horsehide jacket this morning because the thermometer dipped down to +1 C overnight. Everything is vintage and/or thrifted.

The jacket is my old "utility" jacket. I inherited it about 25 years ago. It's on its 3rd lining and about to need its 3rd zipper.
Cardigan is a thrifted vintage cashmere Jaeger. The pants are Wings & Horns Westpoint chino; the shirt is Homunculs Troglodyte.
The boots are - I think - from the 1950s. Thrifted. By Tyrol Co. of Montreal. All they have on them is a few applications of Lexol.

file-1727.jpg

file-614.jpg

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
With apologies for the washed out photo - adverse lighting conditions in this house!
My new coat, picked up at an antique shop for 20 bucks. Not vintage, but I rather like it. Patch pockets HO!
llqx.jpg

Here's a pic of the shoes as they're rather hard to see:
florsheim1.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Saturday saw the arrival of the annual World Zombie Day event. My costume was constituted of vintage style bits. The tweed jacket is very traditional (tailor made, quitel ikely 1970s manufacture). I loved it until it was irreperable ravaged by carpet beetles along the back of the shoulders. Still, it did not die in vain as Zombie Edward was well clad. Cravat is a (well-worn) vintage piece, probably 60s; trousers HeyDay reproduction 50s cut. Ironically, while we were costumed as a zombie version of the League of Gentlemen's Edward and Tubbs, the costume probably wasn't that far off what I'd wear normally...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/iesphotography/10243821975/in/set-72157636495873626

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto