Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do for Living?

Romy Overdorp

One of the Regulars
I work in a bakery at the supermarket and I am a make-up artist. I am also studying at the B Academy to become a hairdresser, so I can combine hair and make-up when I start up my own business.

Snowdrop

Familiar Face
I'm on a Broadcast Journalism trainee scheme with the BBC. I also make event cakes (wedding, christening, birthday, etc.) as a little sideline.

Bourne ID - Those rocking horses are beautiful, you're incredibly talented!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
For the last few years I worked for a law firm and listed funds on the Irish Stock Exchange but gave up work when I had our little girl - I'm busier now than I ever have been - but loving it!

Cobden

Practically Family
I'm an ARP Warden - protecting Guildford from the Luftwaffe

Well, sort of; I do the ARP side of "Home Front Days" at a old Victorian Fort. School children come in and learn about the Second World War whilst getting wet and muddy

MadameMarcie

New in Town
Executive Administrative Assistant at a large international law firm in Washington, DC.

I can watch from my office window Marine One landing/departing from the south lawn of the White House and occasionally catch a glimpse of President Obama walking to or from the White House. I can occasionally even see someone walking "The First Dog." :)

I think I have a pretty great gig. I sometimes have to pinch myself to make sure it's real - I mean, c'mon, I'm a coal miner's daughter from a very small coal town in southern Illinois....so how in the world did I end up here????
I'm sure that's probably a story that belongs in another thread around here....

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
I'm the reporter/photographer/page designer/web editor/social media coordinator - AKA multi-media journalist - for the Camrose Canadian, a small weekly in Central Alberta, Canada. I'm half of the team here, my editor and I put the paper together every week and we do 99% of the stories and photos. In my massively long job title soon I'll be adding videographer as our parent company just created a TV news network (Sun News Network, owned by Sun Media/Quebecor/QMI Agency, for you Canucks who may have heard of us.)

In my spare time I play mandolin/guitar/clarinet (not at the same time...yet)

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm a Master of Environmental Engineering... also meaning: I'm unemployed and living with my parents. And since no one is hiring, I had to look for other employment.. and something I like, and something I'm good at.. So, technically, I'm a fortune teller (do not judge me.. I'm not a witch). I just do Gipsy's fortune telling card reading.

Isn't there a song and movie about you? lol

I think I have a pretty great gig. I sometimes have to pinch myself to make sure it's real - I mean, c'mon, I'm a coal miner's daughter from a very small coal town in southern Illinois....so how in the world did I end up here????
I'm sure that's probably a story that belongs in another thread around here....

Derek WC

Banned
Singer, tailor, student, carpenter, cabinetmaker, electrician, hunter, vintage-collector, poet, and somewhat of a philosopher.
Sadly, none of which I get paid for, and half of which I should.

I am however looking for a job, either at the local cannery (Norpac)(Don't you work in a similar type of factory, Tom?), a farm, or a farm store. It's a farming co-op called Wilco, and they have stores and fuel stations.

Last edited:
I'm in the wonderful world of Wisconsin Cheese!

Singer, tailor, student, carpenter, cabinetmaker, electrician, hunter, vintage-collector, poet, and somewhat of a philosopher.
Sadly, none of which I get paid for, and half of which I should.

I am however looking for a job, either at the local cannery (Norpac)(Don't you work in a similar type of factory, Tom?), a farm, or a farm store. It's a farming co-op called Wilco, and they have stores and fuel stations.

Mr. Hallack

One of the Regulars
Jack of all trades looking for a trade for the past year. State pays me to look for a job despite nobody wanting to hire me. And believe me I know all the tricks and skills of resume writing, job seeking, job interviews. And I keep going at it. Believe me I don't want to be a lounge nugget!!

In the past I've been a dept. manager at a now bankrupt department store, taxi driver, car salesman, customer sales rep. Besides being a professional job seeker I also am a stay at home dad, part time house cleaner and repair guy. Well also a 1 kid school bus driver. Our youngest goes to a special ed school 45 miles away, and fortunatly the school district pays us for travel re-imbursement. So it does help a bit!!

Effingham

A-List Customer
Bourne ID -- DAMN! Impressive work.

I'm an international cat burglar and jewel thief.

Okay, no. Surprise.

I'm a writer and translator, and a historian. My specialty is medieval Japan -- one of those really employable fields.

Nine

New in Town
I'm a trainee paralegal, but working part time in a supermarket to afford training. Also planning to go back to uni, to get my LLB, then pass the Bar.
Busy!

justanuthercap

New in Town
Well, officially I'm the "Technical Services Coordinator" at my workplace. Fancy title for basically being an engineer without an engineering degree. (Or the pay). I also do 3D modeling and animation for kids movies/TV on the side.

I REALLY need to get away from the computers.... maybe a forest ranger???? Or a manatee wrangler??? Okay, I made that one up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy