Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you want for your birthday?

Caledonia

Practically Family
Inspired by a thought from another thread, what do you want for you birthday, or any other occasion when people say "what do you want for ...", or "I'd really like to get you something....". It's not the wishlist, that's in other threads and is usually way out of reach. When somebody really, really wants to buy you or give you something that means something, or you just want it and here's the opportunity, what is it? All answers are completely confidential and only shared with at least the entire Observation Bar. Altruism, optimism, selfisism, out with it. Santa may still get the message!

Caledonia

Practically Family
So without an official poll, that's 50/50 on alcohol then. I see a trend!

I wish they still made Action Girl. She could kick Action Man b**t anytime! Or at least mine did once I kidnapped my brother's action man and tied him to his tank and sent him over the abyss (stairs in reality, but imagination is a wonderful thing). But I never got an Action Girl with tank and weapons because Action Girl could only be so "action" in the 70s, so that's what I want, although more Lara Croft now if I'm honest. And I'd like the outfit to be me sized too, and the heroes, and the equipment, and the vehicles, and, oh you get the drift.... :D

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I want a new car. A vintage SL Mercedes convertible will do. If that can't be found I wouldn't mind a Land Rover Defender 2 door. They look like a lot of fun to drive. Then I woke up......
But on a more reasonable note, I wouldn't mind a new digital camera or a fully loaded sewing machine.

Caledonia

Practically Family
Marc Chevalier said:
X-ray glasses that work. (That ad in the back of the comic book lied.) :rage:

Yours didn't either? There's got to be somebody we can sue. I also want a trip to a seaside place where you can pick snails off the harbour walls and stick them on again and they crawl off. I'm getting nostalgic. Update!

Daisy Buchanan said:
I want a new car. A vintage SL Mercedes convertible will do. If that can't be found I wouldn't mind a Land Rover Defender 2 door. They look like a lot of fun to drive. Then I woke up......
But on a more reasonable note, I wouldn't mind a new digital camera or a fully loaded sewing machine.

Like this:
gullwing_blue_m.jpg

gullwing_int.jpg

Regards,

J

Daisy Buchanan

jamespowers said:
Like this:
gullwing_blue_m.jpg

gullwing_int.jpg

Regards,

J
Oh Yes! That would be the one. Am I wrong or is that the gullwing? I just love the styling, and the luggage too. My grandfather restored one many years ago. I've asked my dad to scan the pictures, if he has any, so I can post them.
The Ralph Lauren car collection was at the Museum of Fine Arts here in Boston. He has a gullwing in his collection, it was so amazing to see one up close again.
Thanks so much James for posting these pictures. They are beautiful.

Daisy Buchanan said:
Oh Yes! That would be the one. Am I wrong or is that the gullwing? I just love the styling, and the luggage too. My grandfather restored one many years ago. I've asked my dad to scan the pictures, if he has any, so I can post them.
The Ralph Lauren car collection was at the Museum of Fine Arts here in Boston. He has a gullwing in his collection, it was so amazing to see one up close again.
Thanks so much James for posting these pictures. They are beautiful.

Yep, its a Gull Wing. Knowing that and about $250,000 will get you one. :p ;) Restoring one fromt he ground up costs even more. :eek: :eusa_doh:

Regards,

J

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer
Maj.Nick Danger said:
So I could print plenty of money to go around. After all,...it's just paper anyway,right? :)

(Okay,...I wish for world peace!) lol

Send some of that this way!

I would like to finally have my sweetie with me on my next birthday.

Daisy Buchanan

DancingSweetie said:
Send some of that this way!

I would like to finally have my sweetie with me on my next birthday.

What a sweet birthday present that would be. I truly hope this wish comes through for you, and please thank your sweetie for me for helping us all to be safe and free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace