Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Eyeofsauron

One of the Regulars
It's already 70 in New England, going into the high 70's, so in the words of Judas Priest: I'm breaking the law.
5d5799066c52e4860c6f99e9326fd548.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
A brand that is a dilemma
2nlre4j.jpg

Charles Hatters is the name, the construction, the finishes and the components are a mixture of Vanzina and Borsalino
25ri1px.jpg

The result is high quality hats with a slightly stiffer felt that the two brands mentioned above
fcay1.jpg

"Alta Qualità" is the wording inside the hat and the color is "Talpa" The finish of the felt, short hair lustre, is the same as that of some Borsalino that I have, only a greater stiffness diversifies it from the latter
28kts9z.jpg

The ribbon and trimmed brim are with the same color matching the color of the felt
28vr2ux.jpg

Have a nice day and thanks for the likes!

It's already 70 in New England, going into the high 70's, so in the words of Judas Priest: I'm breaking the law.

SCOFFLAW!! Well, I guess it's still the wild, wild west out there in western Massachusetts! Attaboy, Eye!! A brim full of Bailey, Bud.

So, to join in on this mob mentality, (and since I'm already beading up a bit on the brow, Bros) a gift from another Lounger, a vintage Cavanagh Milan.
DSC04787.jpg DSC04788.jpg DSC04789.jpg DSC04790.jpg Image_8.jpg
And a natural (NOT "Photoshopped") Caledonian County capture of color from my old neighborhood in northern Vermont, a few days ago... (from the Caledonian Record)

Last edited:

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
It's still a glorious blue mirtillo though, Michael.
Thanks Stefan.

Two hat day, just like yesterday. That makes four hats.
Danubia
View attachment 139287

Barbisio
View attachment 139288

Borsalino Caffe
View attachment 139289

Caxton
View attachment 139290
All great hats again.

Fantastic homburg, great ensemble!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Jeff. My Dr. liked the outfit too.

Thanks all,
Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
The attire is super and the hat a real gem to complete the outfit.
We can discuss about the necktie and pochette;) but they are details
Thanks Daniele. My eyes, or my lights, don't see color so good in the morning anymore. I like the tie, but changed the pocket square to something with a bit more orange. The suit, you will be happy to know, was made in Italy, though of French design.

Thanks,
Michael

Eyeofsauron

One of the Regulars
SCOFFLAW!! Well, I guess it's still the wild, wild west out there in western Massachusetts! Attaboy, Eye!! A brim full of Bailey, Bud.

So, to join in on this mob mentality, (and since I'm already beading up a bit on the brow, Bros) a gift from another Lounger, a vintage Cavanagh Milan.
View attachment 139371 View attachment 139372 View attachment 139373 View attachment 139374 View attachment 139375
And a capture of color from my old neighborhood in northern Vermont a few days ago... (from the Caledonian Record)
Very nice hat. According to the picture, a view from Boston, I'm in the area where (Thar art be dragons) part of Mass. Though from the beautiful pictures from your old haunting grounds you are very aware of this part of New England.

I would not let it go because of the color name. I am not politically correct in the slightest. I would only pass it on because of the brim width. Like I said I go for wider brims now. I've owned this hat 11 months and this is only the 3rd time I've worn it because of the brim width. And It looks very similar to the other vintage browns I own.
Left to right, top to bottom:
  1. 50s Adam Executive with 2 1/2" brim
  2. 40/50s Borsalino with 2 3/4" brim
  3. 50s Dobbs Hanover Square with 2 3/4" brim
  4. 20/30s Gledhill with 2 3/8" brim (fedora in topic)
  5. 50s Knox Twenty with 2 5/8" brim (may be listing soon)
  6. 50s Knox Twenty with 2 3/4" brim
  7. 40/50s Stetson Royal with 2 1/2" brim (will probably be listing soon)
  8. 40 Stetson Royal DeLuxe with 3" brim (waiting on it to arrive - if I like this as much as I hope I will be selling the other Stetson)
View attachment 139343
I enjoyed this little comparison Bill, all beautiful hats. I see your point though, once a certain style/dimensions just seems to be "perfect", don't mess with perfection.

Stingy brim Borsalino from 1963 (hat came with original sales slip) in a heather felt.

3cfb8f40d5d94a34f7aa0fedde74e1ab.jpg
Sweet Borso Christophe! It looks so...1963, you need a skinny tie.

The Caxton went on repeat for today. Ideal weather for it: sunny fall day.
View attachment 139363
So yummy!

You are a rebel sir. Cool look.

Eyeofsauron

One of the Regulars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy