Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Another mellow day of october
View attachment 139687
Borsalino Qualità Extra Extra Superiore size 6 or 59 centimeters
View attachment 139688
Color "Palladio" c. Nera (black ribbon) type Gulaela
View attachment 139689
It is in excellent conditions, but the moths found the "Qualità Extra Extra Superiore" a special food
View attachment 139690
Penumbra Hat in the Netherlands did an excellent job to minimize the small holes
View attachment 139691
This is one of the "Lobbia" I found this summer on the market, 2018 was a lucky year for my homburgs collection.
Have a nice day and thanks a lot for the yesterday likes
It shows off why I love Borsalinos so much. Just look at that hat!

Thanks Woodtroll. Cooler weather is definitely here.

Thanks Doug. Loved your OR yesterday. Inspired me to put one on today.
DSCN5659 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
A little bit of sleet hitting it.
DSCN5658 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Riding my bike to the library in a few minutes. Will have to dig out a scarf and gloves. What a difference a week makes.
10-12-2018 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN5666 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a great Friday,
Michael
The hat is fine, Michael. But that red peacoat steals the show!

I thought I'd follow up yesterday's OR with a Strat/OR spec'd Royal Stetson that is marked as neither and has a 6-ply ribbon on the crown. A great find by @Wesslyn , and one of my favorite lids!

Wore a lightweight jacket to drop off an application packet at the courthouse/county offices for a position with the court. That would be a nice position to keep until retirement... lucky hat: Do your best!

i-H9X2cdk-X2.jpg

i-WqS3qKx-M.jpg
i-VcX8KhH-M.jpg

i-q4jn5Qh-M.jpg
i-hccr7vx-M.jpg

i-JZGjQwQ-M.jpg

Ribbed ribbons rule! Lovely hat, Doug.

Standing outside Ignacio's shop with my fifth Playboy. It arrived with a torn-up sweat, no ribbon, full of moth nibbles, etc. I thougt of complaining to eBay, it was so bad.
Ignacio made it look quite nice. He eliminated almost all the nibbles, and the few that remain are imperceptible.
1f286f8566aa3f4a694269d77e77b087.jpg
a6b5d0a0d0a8ec22f05fe9461a9b437a.jpg
69d4b62ef898fdf98775b6948aef2e43.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Ignacio worked wonders, Max. I like that sweatband!

msoliday

One of the Regulars
My main go-to when not in more formal work attire. Simple, black, semi-stingy, brim up. I have three of these type hats now (this one is a newer Stetson), and keep one at work, one in my black Caddy and one in the hat room.

I have a lot of hats - most more formal - and love ‘em all, but this by far is my most comforting. Like a favorite pair of jeans you could say. Guess it’s just my style. And that’s good enough for me!

Enjoy!

-Mike

f75072167528b5391afe1902e45c63a8.jpg
6d6f4beec9fa5617103a3b653acc52bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Wow, nice straw. I like that coconut oil tip, I need to try that. Montecristi of Santa Fe told me to use lanolin baby wipes on their straw hats. Those worked pretty good too but I didn't feel the lanolin soaked into the straw very much. Seems coconut would do better. thanks!
Thanks Wyld!
When I tried it I figured it might work well because they are both in the palm family. Whether that actually has anything to do with it I have no clue. The brim on this one was dry enough that it creaked ominously when I flexed it, and it made a cardboard-y thunk when I snapped the brim down. I was afraid that it might crack or split if left untreated. Now, a year later, still as limber as new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner