Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Friday evening Biltmore ”Golden Pheasant Velour”
9cfcca060149001d391d4e4e0434a9c0.jpg
ae612d927deb1e06776f5799cad105bb.jpg
0cfa9ce603c7402bf9cc4f67764e4753.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Love the OR and the cold weather wear, Michael.
Thanks Doug. It was a good day for hats and cold weather gear here.

Good looking Or, Michael. Usually not one to comment on another man's footwear, so I won't.
Ha ha. I didn't realize until I got outside that I hadn't put my Iron Rangers on. So it was the Emu sheepskin boots that are currently my designated winter house boot. And they are certainly in the running for most comfortable footwear made. If not exactly stylish.

Excellent combination, Michael. Well done.
Thanks Stefan. I think these big mouton collared coats were designed to go with fedoras.

The hat is fine, Michael. But that red peacoat steals the show!
Ha ha, thanks Stefan. That was the first time wear for the red coat.

Two two hat days in a row.
Champ
View attachment 139803

Adam
View attachment 139804

And after a bread trim:
Borsalino Thirty Sfinge
View attachment 139805

Borsalino Gulaela Nero (I think it's going to stay)
View attachment 139806
That Champ is amazing, Stefan. All of your choices are great, but that one is the winner.

Thanks all,
Michael

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
My main go-to when not in more formal work attire. Simple, black, semi-stingy, brim up. I have three of these type hats now (this one is a newer Stetson), and keep one at work, one in my black Caddy and one in the hat room.

I have a lot of hats - most more formal - and love ‘em all, but this by far is my most comforting. Like a favorite pair of jeans you could say. Guess it’s just my style. And that’s good enough for me!

Enjoy!

-Mike

f75072167528b5391afe1902e45c63a8.jpg
6d6f4beec9fa5617103a3b653acc52bb.jpg

Black leather jacket looks cool too.

Stetson 7X CB. Tried my best to show the contrast between the ribbon and brim binding in the first two pics..
View attachment 139809 View attachment 139810 View attachment 139811
It is subtle, but I see it. Beautiful hat all around!

My main go-to when not in more formal work attire. Simple, black, semi-stingy, brim up. I have three of these type hats now (this one is a newer Stetson), and keep one at work, one in my black Caddy and one in the hat room.

I have a lot of hats - most more formal - and love ‘em all, but this by far is my most comforting. Like a favorite pair of jeans you could say. Guess it’s just my style. And that’s good enough for me!

Enjoy!

-Mike

f75072167528b5391afe1902e45c63a8.jpg
6d6f4beec9fa5617103a3b653acc52bb.jpg

Embrace the Stingy Mike! I like it. Looks like some pretty nice, supple felt for a modern Stetson.

Friday evening Biltmore ”Golden Pheasant Velour”
9cfcca060149001d391d4e4e0434a9c0.jpg
ae612d927deb1e06776f5799cad105bb.jpg
0cfa9ce603c7402bf9cc4f67764e4753.jpg

That finish is just voluptuous!

Light sage Knox Foxhound today.

View attachment 139832
Perfect shirt for that Sage Knox. Marines don't call it O.D. (Olive drab) do they, kind of an Army term?

Another mellow day of october
View attachment 139687
Borsalino Qualità Extra Extra Superiore size 6 or 59 centimeters
View attachment 139688
Color "Palladio" c. Nera (black ribbon) type Gulaela
View attachment 139689
It is in excellent conditions, but the moths found the "Qualità Extra Extra Superiore" a special food
View attachment 139690
Penumbra Hat in the Netherlands did an excellent job to minimize the small holes
View attachment 139691
This is one of the "Lobbia" I found this summer on the market, 2018 was a lucky year for my homburgs collection.
Have a nice day and thanks a lot for the yesterday likes
Stunning Daniele, extra extra stunning!

OR
Dandy looking OR Perry.

View attachment 139698 View attachment 139699 View attachment 139700 View attachment 139701 Catalina, swapped the funky ribbon for a horsehair. I think I need a beaded band but I hate to buy one I can’t see on the hat before I shell out $100 or more for it.
Maybe you could "borrow" one from Bob for a look see. I really desire one of these swoopy old timey derbies. This one is sooooo cool!

Outside chores this morning in a VS Stratoliner inspired thin ribbon fedora.
The sage (cool minty green hue) beaver felt is luscious to the touch.
Best, Eric -
So minty fresh looking Eric. Just a beautiful hat, easy on the eyes.

What hat would YOU be wearing if you lived in NYC 107 years ago in 1911? I'm leaning towards the Bowler. Cool historical video clip. Everyone wore hats then men, women, & children. ;)
https://www.facebook.com/1006925765/posts/10214718586650758/
You are right on, in 1911 most often a Derby, everyone had one. And a boater for summer wear!

Thanks Woodtroll. Cooler weather is definitely here.
Thanks Doug. Loved your OR yesterday. Inspired me to put one on today.
DSCN5659 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
A little bit of sleet hitting it.
DSCN5658 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Riding my bike to the library in a few minutes. Will have to dig out a scarf and gloves. What a difference a week makes.
10-12-2018 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN5666 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a great Friday,
Michael
Super looking color on that OR Michael. I really dig that red coat!

A simple hat for today, interesting in its look back to an older era. This is an early 20th century western hat of modest dimensions (depth 6 1/4", brim 3", 2 1/2" curled) and modest price that came to me in very fine condition. No idea what techniques were used in the The Fray sweatband, but each example I have owned has a good century of life left in it. This hat is a 6 7/8. I don't wear it very often, but with a little careful coaxing, I've found it comfortable for a week after a close haircut.
Incredible hat, modest only in the eyes of maybe Joao. I have often wondered the origins of Stetson's use of "the Fray"? Webster defines as " a usually disorderly or protracted fight, struggle, or dispute Fighting there could easily draw neighboring nations into the fray." Could it be an "old West" reference? It keeps me up a night wondering...

I thought I'd follow up yesterday's OR with a Strat/OR spec'd Royal Stetson that is marked as neither and has a 6-ply ribbon on the crown. A great find by @Wesslyn , and one of my favorite lids!

Wore a lightweight jacket to drop off an application packet at the courthouse/county offices for a position with the court. That would be a nice position to keep until retirement... lucky hat: Do your best!
Best of luck on this one Doug! I can only imagine how you impressed them with this beautiful Stetson.

My 7X CB today.
Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Damn, that is such an impressive hat Max! Brim for miles and it just glows.

Happy Friday.
Cohn-Asher, ASCO Hats derby. Made in California some 100 years back.
And thanks for all of the kind words over the last couple days. I just don't seem to have enough time to reply or comment on all of the stuff that I'd like to.
My omnibus comment: marvelous hats, all.
And Doug... Good luck on getting that job. Any man with a hat that awesome should simply be handed any job that he desires.
One of my favorite derbies around here Matt. Cool vent grommet. Tight brim.

Love that brim treatment Ken. Nice Borsalino, pity about the size debacle. I find that my Borsalinos all run a little small, but a 61!

Hey everyone!
Thanks for the appreciation of yesterday's Adam. I was going to wear another Homburg today, but it is just too nice of a day for felt. So, another Adam, this one I believe is late 30's.
The coconut oil treatment for the dry straw seems to be a long-term fix. The brim is as supple as can be, and the faint smell of stale coconut oil is now gone. :)
Have a great day!