Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
With all the incredible Knox 40s, 50s, and 100s being posted and talked about lately it pushed me to pull out my best, a Knox 15. As nice as the felt is on this one, I can't nearly imagine how much nicer a 40, 50, or 100 can be... and I'll try and find out, someday.

This is a 7-3/8 LO and fits like it was custom made for me. The felt is super maleable and although it's hard to tell from the washed out pictures, the color is a rich whisky or bourbon hue, if you please. Felted, the brim has the Knox Custom Edge, a brim treatment I wish they would bring back.

Specs on this one are similar to the 100 @alanfgag posted about yesterday, too: 5-1/2" crown with a 2-3/4" brim and a 1-15/16" wide ribbon. The bow keep has that wonderful twisted accent to it that just makes me whisper low and soft: coooooooooool.......

Cool mornings, and I might switch out to a lighter shirt and hat in the afternoon, because - for Bob - were getting an entire week+ of sunny 70-73°F weather here. What an October!

i-FFRwPdT-M.jpg
i-HX4X2TJ-M.jpg

i-bxVgD4c-M.jpg
i-KsqFK3F-M.jpg

i-mNH5XTH-M.jpg
i-Q5xHn2n-M.jpg

Last edited:
Like Doug, I've been inspired by the great 40s, 50s, and 100s on here this week. In fact, a couple of years ago, I was inspired enough by that Knox 100 that I had this custom made by Gus Miller to emulate it.

e2e5e6f82061d224f21bee5bc46a8c3d.jpg
c58d0aabf2ca045ac8453366bca64023.jpg
636dca9f01bf9006df7b393ebd198d1f.jpg

Unexpected photobomb by the Subway truck, LOL. Which is doubly funny since I'm tucking into a Chick-fil-A Spicy Deluxe as I type this.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Tukwila

Like Doug, I've been inspired by the great 40s, 50s, and 100s on here this week. In fact, a couple of years ago, I was inspired enough by that Knox 100 that I had this custom made by Gus Miller to emulate it.

Unexpected photobomb by the Subway truck, LOL. Which is doubly funny since I'm tucking into a Chick-fil-A Spicy Deluxe as I type this.

Ah, that's why I've always liked this custom so much!

A custom may be as close as I'll come as well. This one is sure a beauty Jim.

With all the incredible Knox 40s, 50s, and 100s being posted and talked about lately it pushed me to pull out my best, a Knox 15. As nice as the felt is on this one, I can't nearly imagine how much nicer a 40, 50, or 100 can be... and I'll try and find out, someday.

This is a 7-3/8 LO and fits like it was custom made for me. The felt is super maleable and although it's hard to tell from the washed out pictures, the color is a rich whisky or bourbon hue, if you please. Felted, the brim has the Knox Custom Edge, a brim treatment I wish they would bring back.

Specs on this one are similar to the 100 @alanfgag posted about yesterday, too: 5-1/2" crown with a 2-3/4" brim and a 1-15/16" wide ribbon. The bow keep has that wonderful twisted accent to it that just makes me whisper low and soft: coooooooooool.......

Cool mornings, and I might switch out to a lighter shirt and hat in the afternoon, because - for Bob - were getting an entire week+ of sunny 70-73°F weather here. What an October!

i-FFRwPdT-M.jpg
i-HX4X2TJ-M.jpg

i-bxVgD4c-M.jpg
i-KsqFK3F-M.jpg

i-mNH5XTH-M.jpg
i-Q5xHn2n-M.jpg

So wonderful Doug! Super yummy!

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Dandy looking OR Perry.

Maybe you could "borrow" one from Bob for a look see. I really desire one of these swoopy old timey derbies. This one is sooooo cool!

So minty fresh looking Eric. Just a beautiful hat, easy on the eyes.

You are right on, in 1911 most often a Derby, everyone had one. And a boater for summer wear!

Super looking color on that OR Michael. I really dig that red coat!

Incredible hat, modest only in the eyes of maybe Joao. I have often wondered the origins of Stetson's use of "the Fray"? Webster defines as " a usually disorderly or protracted fight, struggle, or dispute Fighting there could easily draw neighboring nations into the fray." Could it be an "old West" reference? It keeps me up a night wondering...

Best of luck on this one Doug! I can only imagine how you impressed them with this beautiful Stetson.

Damn, that is such an impressive hat Max! Brim for miles and it just glows.

One of my favorite derbies around here Matt. Cool vent grommet. Tight brim.

Love that brim treatment Ken. Nice Borsalino, pity about the size debacle. I find that my Borsalinos all run a little small, but a 61!

Nice tip about the oil treatment. Sure is a nice looking weave on this Adam, so cool about the old vintage.

Are these British HJs a quality hat? Sure looks nice and well made. Love the color Brent.

Nice resurrection Max. Tell us, what techniques did Ignacio use on the moth nibbles? Nice looking tip logo, a bonus.
Thanks Mike!

Tukwila

A custom may be as close as I'll come as well. This one is sure a beauty Jim.
I am working with Bob @ BSHW on a hat right now.... I'm half tempted to call him and tell him to switch gears completely and make me a Knox 100 clone the best way he knows how.... complete with his Pinnacle Edge treatment. But I really like my NW Hats Silverbelly/Old Copper beaver fedora and it's the same color... I really want to explore more options with Natural felt with this BSHW creation.

Tukwila

Bill Hughes

i-FFRwPdT-M.jpg
i-HX4X2TJ-M.jpg

i-bxVgD4c-M.jpg
i-KsqFK3F-M.jpg

i-mNH5XTH-M.jpg
i-Q5xHn2n-M.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, so soothing to the eyes.

Ah, that's why I've always liked this custom so much!

Thanks. Of course, it's not quite the same. Slightly different dimensions, and no Cav edge. Also, it's a fairly thick felt (akin to my 3X OR). But Mr. Miller did a wonderful job on it. It has a nice, fuzzy pounce to it and fits like it was made for me.

Wait a minute. It was.

I am working with Bob @ BSHW on a hat right now.... I'm half tempted to call him and tell him to switch gears completely and make me a Knox 100 clone the best way he knows how.... complete with his Pinnacle Edge treatment. But I really like my NW Hats Silverbelly/Old Copper beaver fedora and it's the same color... I really want to explore more options with Natural felt with this BSHW creation.

BTW - this is Bone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points