Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Anyone doing some Marathon shopping today?

One of my favorite hats and I've always wanted a salt and pepper suit.

VQRjW-1490716316-8136-list_items-andydetails_barneysuit.gif

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Cool suit! The hat goes great with it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thanks DD. I'm pretty sure this suit dates to the early 50s and is made of handwoven Donegal. You had a great look yesterday with the Montana, band and jacket set up.

One of my favorite hats and I've always wanted a salt and pepper suit.

VQRjW-1490716316-8136-list_items-andydetails_barneysuit.gif
Thanks Bob. I think I might prefer Paul Drake to Barney Fife, but what the hay. Ha ha.

Great looking hat Michael

Best,
Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks Joe. That is some serious style contained in that Roelof (sp?) you are wearing today.

Thanks all,
Michael

Thanks DD. I'm pretty sure this suit dates to the early 50s and is made of handwoven Donegal. You had a great look yesterday with the Montana, band and jacket set up.

Thanks Bob. I think I might prefer Paul Drake to Barney Fife, but what the hay. Ha ha.

Thanks Joe. That is some serious style contained in that Roelof (sp?) you are wearing today.

Thanks all,
Michael

Thanks Michael,

It came to me pretty much a squashed blob of felt. A good brushing and a little steam brought it back to life. I think it may need more steam than I hit it with and possibly a bit of stiffener to make it fully hold its shape. Would prob look great with a nice tight brim curl or a bit more of a upturn on the sides. But I’m happy with it so far... I prob won’t wear this one all that often... don’t want to give it too much stress at its age. [emoji2]. Nothing definite on age but the newspapers shoved into its liner were dated 1904 and 1907... and I believe Roelofs was bought out around 1911 or so. Whatever the case it’s a fun hat for me with quite a bit of history under it whatever it’s actual age.

Best,
Joe

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Love the Knox, love the Stetson and your attire make them both a grand slam.
But, Any time you feel the need to ship them long lost hats back to their homeland I can provide you with an American address.
[emoji4]
Alas, I do not own a single imported hat or we could maybe set up some sort of foreign exchange...for the benefit of the hats, of course. [emoji6].
Dat Knox is da bomb!
Enjoy seeing you under them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, Randall. Kind of you. I'm sorry to say though, those hats ain't goin' nowhere, buddy [emoji4]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanksgiving with family in Wenatchee WA. We gathered around Grandpa Jim, the 102 year old patriarch of the clan. I am thankful to be part of this family. I am also thankful to be relatively pain free for the first time since last February. Wearing a modern manufacture derby by Biltmore of Canada, Imperial grade. Color is congnac. A early 1960s cashmere blend overcoat to fend off the cold. Wishing all of the Lounge a Happy Thanksgiving, international friends as well as domestic. View attachment 198039 View attachment 198040 View attachment 198041 View attachment 198042 View attachment 198043 View attachment 198044
Looking good, Mike. Great to hear you're relatively pain free. Now that is something to give thanks for.

For the first time this November, blue sky and sunshine. Very cold though, so my Akubra Fed Deluxe kindly kept my noggin warm.
Have a great weekend, folks.
e78b55b3d4896a18e09b2af7731ec6df.jpg
83a58b4888d5dcc70f9db4884be6da30.jpg
ea724c644d966a4f0444486966966e64.jpg

Love clear blue skies on a cold day. We don’t get many of those here in Florida. Hat looks great on that background.

Best,
Joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass