Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would like to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow North American loungers and good Thursday to the rest of you fine people.
Wigens cap today
3a7615cfeb8dcdaa67595d606322db5c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dlaniger

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Reggie. My goal in reshaping the hat was to conceal some of the brim width by raising the bumpers. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The raising of the bumpers looks great, Brent. There's no way though you can conceal that brim width. Then again, there's no need to. It's way cool.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Dlaniger

Dr.Max; Wow! That is a stunning example of a very unique hat. Looks sharp on you.

Catching up: My neighborhood is identified by the hue pine green. Yesterday I was wearing a pine green vintage Stetson Stratoliner. It is "Right for Traveling in Style" in my neighborhood. I have attached a vintage pin for winter wearing.

i-qkGWDvx-M.jpg

i-sqp8rrB-M.jpg

i-f3XRhz7-M.jpg

i-KkVfVcw-M.jpg

i-T5CVM5M-M.jpg

The new snow this morning had me wearing a Gannon (natural beaver felt with gills) for snow removal chores.

i-T5R2Jjz-M.jpg

My hat did not get any snow spray from the slightly wet snow until I took it off to grab a ribbon/crown pic. Doh!

i-3gFxJNV-M.jpg

Done with snow removal (for the moment). Cheers.

i-KqprbXT-M.jpg

Eric -

Eric, you are the only person on the planet that does his chores and outdoor duties in the finest headwear known to man. You are the only man I know that would take a picture of his Gannon with gills covered in snow! So I must conclude that you are the man! And I didn’t even bring up your shoe game. Happy Thanksgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Wearing all the classics today, Eric. Happy Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving USA folks. Happy Thursday to all others.

I am hosting a dinner for 12 this afternoon. I had an early morning guest - the plumber. Pipe broke in the utility room. Water turned off, mess cleaned and plumber solved all before 8:00am. Sheesh - early guest.

Dog soiree this morning in a Stetson Stratoliner Royal De Luxe. Glorious felt. This minty condition thin ribboned fedora was made and advertised starting April'45. The De Luxe was $12.50 at the time the Stratoliner was $7.50.

i-LhdFp6G-M.jpg

i-t6HkX5v-L.jpg

Here is an April '45 magazine advertisement. "His feet are on the ground in more than one way." "Youth at any age." "Streamlined as the famous planes it is named after and light as a cloud." Ad copy does not get any better than this vintage text.

i-dC979wN-M.jpg

i-N6STgGz-M.jpg

Food started and I am making small wood out of big wood in anticipation of gathering around the fire pit later this evening. A late 40's Stetson Playboy was the perfect hat for my efforts.

i-qKMTTc7-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Brent and Steve, splendid holiday hats. Happy start of the holidays to you and yours.

Playing with the shape of my Clearwater Plantation:

2ec7e0f1e00c6fbdcec6706018007c57.jpg

64002deb126c36ab9a0e36b80d1d7a6b.jpg

4d4f7c5ee4736575ca12f95b084ff830.jpg

9546a3b32f1a57d0cd8bc42ba28910f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Happy Thanks Giving to all those of you who are celebrating the day from me, Mr. Knox, and John B [emoji145]. I think the last two are maybe feeling a bit homesick today.
3f88641d3d49e56ca00bbfb53dbace1d.jpg
2a627a621feda3b5d64a2f7a55aee386.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925