Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I do still misbehave a lot.

I saw Héctor already!

It looks like oxblood, dark black cherry, just like the one wore by Dillinger.

When Michael told me he got the shade I had to order it.

Just need a Tommy Gun now.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji23]
ede14e77bc5ca41a19d1340929a42a13.jpg

Sent from my HMA-L09 using Tapatalk
You posted a pic with an AK once. That's close enough.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I do still misbehave a lot.

I saw Héctor already!

It looks like oxblood, dark black cherry, just like the one wore by Dillinger.

When Michael told me he got the shade I had to order it.

Just need a Tommy Gun now.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji23]
ede14e77bc5ca41a19d1340929a42a13.jpg

Sent from my HMA-L09 using Tapatalk
I got an Optimo Dillinger from @bond a couple months ago. It has a wider brim than the one in the movie poster, but it's the same color felt.
ad9ec125e9dcf2d892df64a07a680145.jpg

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Max, I ordered 2, but the other has to go back. Think it got mixed up as it was too small, wrong color, and didn't have the kettle curl I requested. ??? This one was perfect and fit like a dream.
What size is it, and how much did it cost you? Maybe Ignacio could fix it for me.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Thank you to Randy, Steve, Chris, Fruno(the “special guy”
emoji846.png
, Reggie and blare for your heart warming comments and the likes from everyone on the Mallory Twenty.
I have a question I’m sure y’all can answer:
What is the significance of the gold embossment of the name “Baskin”?
I used to think it was a store name, ‘cause I’ve got three hats with it where the store stamp usually is,and it might be, but this hat has it too, except right underneath the Baskin name the words, The Mallory Twenty is stamped making me think there may be something more to this Baskin name?
View attachment 200858
Should put this question in a different thread, but just thought I could get a short answer here while I was at it.

I should know better than to comment on someone else's hat, so I'll refer you to this post by a more respected member, @alanfgag. If you search "baskin" you'll come up with several pages of hits, most of which reiterate similar to that of Alan. But hey, take my comment with a grain of salt.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for asking, Doc. I've been lurking in the background after being put in my place. Spent some quality time over on the leather jackets side, but I know less about them than hats (which ain't much). Maybe I'll stick around, but we'll see.
Being put in your place? Whatever do you mean?

Thank you to Randy, Steve, Chris, Fruno(the “special guy” [emoji846], Reggie and blare for your heart warming comments and the likes from everyone on the Mallory Twenty.
I have a question I’m sure y’all can answer:
What is the significance of the gold embossment of the name “Baskin”?
I used to think it was a store name, ‘cause I’ve got three hats with it where the store stamp usually is,and it might be, but this hat has it too, except right underneath the Baskin name the words, The Mallory Twenty is stamped making me think there may be something more to this Baskin name?
View attachment 200858
Should put this question in a different thread, but just thought I could get a short answer here while I was at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baskin sold a lot of hats. It’s one of those store brands that you’ll see a lot of.

03f0963cbbfecd3bb47a68e72d155593.plist
3e952306e89af56b252795a239cffbfa.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Randall! You have a good eye, there's indeed a mixture of animal parts there : shark gills with dog ears ;)
fc4c27aa2619e7bfc4d43cf24f9a9dae.jpg

I will write a full review in Agnoulita thread when Mr P sends me the wind cord...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well, isn’t that just special. As if the gills weren’t hard enough for anyone to emulate Agnoulita had to go and one up airybody!
Love it ! Doubt I’ll ever try it , though.
Guess that’ll be another reason why that hat company will always stand out.
Thanks for the pic, Panos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko